New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DiscoveryChannel's version of survivor I guess. It is pretty comical from what I have seen. Pairing some 40 something guy with a 20 something girl naked in the wilderness. what could go wrong?

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
It's a pretty cool show. The first one I saw the guy had a really bad sunburn for the first few days. The girls have been the stronger person in all the episodes I've seen.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just don't see the point of them being naked. I am not sure I would be comfortable being naked around a naked female that is the same age as my daughter.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any other way?
My idea of camping after 20 years in the Army and a few deployments to the armpit of the world is a 2 star hotel with an outdoor pool.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
My idea of camping after 20 years in the Army and a few deployments to the armpit of the world is a 2 star hotel with an outdoor pool.
I always waste a few seconds thinking if someone should be on guard duty.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Yea, the only one I've seen so far is the one where the guy gets the sunburn... all over his body.

10$ says that guy will get skin cancer later in life from doing this show.

Should have taken the knowledge that pasty white Irishmen don't do well in the sun at all.

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I agree with this, I know the lure is being naked but I don't understand the naked part on regular TV, maybe on cable but still I don't think it is necessary.
Discovery is on cable, right? Or are you talking HBO/Cinemax?

I'd assume part of being naked is the lure of the show. Part of it may be survival though. No clothes makes survival much tougher. In the first episode I saw, the guy got a really bad sunburn. That wouldn't have happened if he had clothes on. Having no clothes has to play a little mental game as well.

· Registered
6,189 Posts
Discovery is on cable, right? Or are you talking HBO/Cinemax?

I'd assume part of being naked is the lure of the show. Part of it may be survival though. No clothes makes survival much tougher. In the first episode I saw, the guy got a really bad sunburn. That wouldn't have happened if he had clothes on. Having no clothes has to play a little mental game as well.
That's exactly it. No clothes, so shelter is a priority. The first episode I saw, it rained for several days, and dropped into the 50's or 60's, so shelter and fire were paramount. Had they had clothes, it would have been kind of boring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.