New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone on here volunteers with Wounded Warrior Project, and if so, what you think of it? There were two guys from WWP in the store I work at training service dogs today, and got me thinking about it. I'd rather donate time than just send a check.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Wasn't it mentioned last year that WWP is anti-gun?

Or am I think of a different org?

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I know we had a disabled vet here that thought there were better organizations out there than WWP. We chatted privately about this and he said they were very much anti-gun. I forgot the specifics and unfortunately the member is no longer with us to respond. RIP.

· Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
WWP refuses to accept donations from anything that can be traced back to the firearms industry.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
I cannot remember the source exactly but I recall reading an article that the Vets that started this program were pushed out and this was taken over by some CEO who now makes $300K+ a year from running this. I do not support the WWP

· Registered
3,406 Posts
WWP is anti-gun, pisses away it's money, and does a wonderful job of enriching the bank accounts of those who're running it. Nowhere in my description were wounded warriors mentioned.....................because they're not the focus of the organization. Find an outlet that actually deserves your dollars and time, WWP epitomizes how bloated charities trade off the good intentions of people who don't have any clue where their donations are actually going.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.