New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Cicero Gander mountain earlier today and there is no sadder sight. Not a single vintage service rifle in sight on their shelves. They used to have open displays where you could pick up a rifle, test the action and have a closer look without asking permission. Rimfire ammo is really scarce all over.

By the way, I know someone might be interested in this, not me personally, but they have a vintage Nagant revolver for $149.

·
Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I'd love to get one shipped to me with my 03FFL, but that isn't good enough for pistols in NY. If it was I would have a few, and some Makarovs.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
They are often less that $100, but finding ammo is difficult and costly. It's the only round I ever saw that is seated below the case. Might get one someday.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Cicero Gander Mtn. is a store I will never buy a used firearm from. They're the ones that list Enfields for $700, K31s for $500, and Mosins for almost $200. And $150 for a nagant revolver isn't exactly a good deal.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cicero Gander Mtn. is a store I will never buy a used firearm from. They're the ones that list Enfields for $700, K31s for $500, and Mosins for almost $200. And $150 for a nagant revolver isn't exactly a good deal.
Yeah their prices are definately over the top on things. I dont care much for Dick's Sporting Goods either. Herb Phillipsons isnt too bad, but they dont have the volume that the bigger stores have, and they dont sell handguns.

The Nagant Revolver is cool in its own way...but if I were to get a surplus pistol, I'd try to get a Tokarev. They are usually around the $250 mark....at least they were.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can get a mosin on gunbroker and rguns.net will send one as long as they have a copy of your C&R on file. Im still waiting on mine thqnks to Obama. They are running behind. I have one already and you can get ammo for 8.00 a box but its not worth it because the gun isnt really accuarate to begin with. As for rifles Im shocked howmuch the prices have gone up but a nagant rifle is still your best bet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ive got a couple nagants I picked up via my C and R when I lived in NC, really neat yet odd lil revolvers. Ive found nagant ammo alot easier to find than the common calibers yet pricier of course. They make adapters to fire 32 acp out of them although Ive never used one, and Ive heard of people shooting 32 longs in them which of course would be at ones own risk....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.