New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The .450 Bushmaster "Thumper" caught my eye,I was wondering if anyone has shot one or owns one ?? Pro's....Con's ?? The Remington R15 .450 looks to be an interesting rifle.....!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
The .450 Bushmaster "Thumper" caught my eye,I was wondering if anyone has shot one or owns one ?? Pro's....Con's ?? The Remington R15 .450 looks to be an interesting rifle.....!
probably a great AR variant to take on and African safari to bag a lion or something

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL true...! I will never make it to Africa,but I bet I could have fun at the range with one....

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
LOL true...! I will never make it to Africa,but I bet I could have fun at the range with one....
With a lot of other proven variants becoming more readily available with expanding ammunition options and sources the .450 is just too new to catch my interest. Bigger isn't always better. I'd go .50 beowulf before I'd go towards the .450 at this point

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
My boss has one, he uses for deer hunting. I fired 5 rounds out of it and it is a shoulder bruiser. A 20 round magazine (223) only holds 5 rounds of 450 Bushmaster.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have one and it's my favorite rifle. I've shot multiple deer with it, and even bagged a black bear with it, too. It's pretty dead-nuts accurate out to 200 yards and ammo is in good supply and relatively inexpensive (roughly $28/box for 260 grain Hornady).

You'll definitely feel the recoil after a few rounds, but it's not too bad.

The only downside to it is extra mags are on the high side - about $45 for a 9 rounder.

Here's a couple pics of mine.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a great looking rifle......I'm not going to hunt with it,just shoot targets and melons.....Do you remember what the retail is for one ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts