New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 45 minutes SW of Buffalo, however I'm guessing that there has to be someone, maybe even on the forums, that I should talk to. I'd prefer not to have to go to Rochester, it is a bit further than I'd like to drive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Old Sarge's Drop Zone in Dunkirk has been great to me. Call and ask for Rick in the Gun Room or just stop in and see them.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would hate to speak for him on that ,you would really have to contact Rick for any specifics:

Old Sarge's Arms Room716-203-7350

·
Registered
105 Posts
you could also check with J & J on rt 20 in sherdan. west wind on rt20 may also do them but im not sure. good to see another fredonian/dunkirkian on here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you could also check with J & J on rt 20 in sherdan. west wind on rt20 may also do them but im not sure. good to see another fredonian/dunkirkian on here.
West Wind didn't seem too eager to help, when I called the other day to see if he could order it seemed like he was put off by me just asking.

·
Registered
712 Posts
NOt to highjack the thread but I have a quick question as im still pretty green with all this. Understand the FFL and the need for it and all that BUT.....Am I to "ASSume" that this fee includes the NICS check too or this JUST TO SHIP HERE.

If its just shipping what do you do for the NICS check and paperwork?

Thank you and excuse my NOOB NESS.....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
NOt to highjack the thread but I have a quick question as im still pretty green with all this. Understand the FFL and the need for it and all that BUT.....Am I to "ASSume" that this fee includes the NICS check too or this JUST TO SHIP HERE.

If its just shipping what do you do for the NICS check and paperwork?

Thank you and excuse my NOOB NESS.....
The dealer from which you are purchasing sends the firearm to the dealer from which you are picking up. At the time you pick it up, the dealer does the NICS check and you pay them the transfer fee. The transfer fee goes to the dealer where you pick up the firearm, to cover his administrative costs and to put a couple bucks in his pocket for the service.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The shipping would be over and above the FFL fees. Seems like out our way it runs 20-30 bucks for the cost of running it through his books, which, considering the overhead costs of a LGS, is pretty reasonable. Shipping costs vary a lot, handguns have to go overight in most cases, or so I believe. Some vendors haqve fixed shipping costs, others change with distance and such. Make sure that the vendor doesn't tack on "handling, packaging" or other add-ons to pad the costs. Also, if you are talking a new handgun, NY COBIS requirements might add on some costs for the dealer to have to carry the gun to the NYSP range and have it fired for record. Make sure the vendor knows it needs to by NY compliant.

·
Registered
712 Posts
ok so my thought is right...the ffl you pick the firearm up from includes the nic and paperwork in his fee...and yes buyer pays shipping....I got it...

so need to take all that into account when looking at online firearms...I thought that was the case. appreciate it gentlemen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts