New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down at the range today someone was telling me that no one is shipping SKS's into NY anymore. Is this true?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Down at the range today someone was telling me that no one is shipping SKS's into NY anymore. Is this true?
I doubt this is true. They should ship to an FFL. I was just thinking of ordering a beater one and using it as a project rifle. I might do that in about a week. I will let you know.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I havent ordered one since the deal at Classic, like many of us did. Whoever told you that must've heard something wrong.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking so, just confirming. I went on a few websites and didn't see anything pertaining to NY specifically. Don't need one, just curious.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I ordered mine after the SAFE Act was passed and had it sent to an FFL. No problems.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Are you looking for one ladder?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sounds like the guy was misinformed, however before the election I am willing to let people believe the worst. I am not spreading misinformation but I am not correcting those that have "over" interpreted the breadth of [un]SAFE.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I doubt this is true. They should ship to an FFL. I was just thinking of ordering a beater one and using it as a project rifle. I might do that in about a week. I will let you know.
I am thinking the same thing. Already purchased a Phoenix Tech. stock. But I don't want to start hacking on the Russian I have.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Was able to order Saigas up to 14th of July, till boma stopped the importation of Russan ammo and firearms. All of my suppliers are not sending them through our system.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
No, had quite a few, Russian, Yugo, Chinese. Sold them all except an Albanian.
I have one. It's a Russian in great shape. Shot it today. They really are fun for the $$

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Bought a Russian one off of Armslist a couple of weeks ago from a guy in Kentucky. It was shipped to my FFL with no problems. It is amazing the **** people say.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Is this maybe a misunderstanding of the new importation guidelines the President put in place? Are SKS's affected by those?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts