New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you live in the Finger Lakes area, specifically Seneca Lake, have you ever heard the "Seneca Guns" or the "Lake Guns"?
I saw this on a show last night, and was wondering if any one had heard it before.
Also if any one has any theory as to what causes it.

It can't be caused by supersonic aircraft because James Fenimore Cooper wrote about it way before supersonic aircraft existed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I live near Seneca Lake, the Guns of the Seneca or Seneca Drums as they are called have been reported for 100's of years. I even think there is reports that the Indians heard them. There have even been reports of them on Cayuga Lake. Scientist think that is might be air bubbles deep in the lake and then burst when the hit the surface.

Whats even more interesting is the Seneca Lake Sea Serpent. Read this news article

http://www.co.seneca.ny.us/history/The Sea Serpent of Seneca Lake.pdf

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes I have lived next to Seneca Lake for most of my life and have heard the Seneca Guns or Seneca Drums as we used to call them. Late summer nights when it is quite you can hear what sounds like thunder but not a cloud in the sky. We have heard these sounds for years and have been told it is natural gas bubbling up but never any thing scientific.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I live near Seneca Lake, the Guns of the Seneca or Seneca Drums as they are called have been reported for 100's of years. I even think there is reports that the Indians heard them. There have even been reports of them on Cayuga Lake. Scientist think that is might be air bubbles deep in the lake and then burst when the hit the surface.

Whats even more interesting is the Seneca Lake Sea Serpent. Read this news article

http://www.co.seneca.ny.us/history/The Sea Serpent of Seneca Lake.pdf
Thats crazy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.