New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a bear mauler a couple months ago and have yet to get out and shoot it, fairly new to archery in general. Im having difficulty figuiring out where I can practice, theres an indoor range at Traditions, but one of the guys there left a really bad taste in my mouth when I was bow shopping and theres also an indoor range at Gander, which Im going to use if I cant find something better. I was hoping for outdoors as its getting nice. Thanks in advance for the help.

· Registered
624 Posts
A number of ranges have archery areas set aside, but you do need to be a member.

Traditions and Gander are the obvious answers but you've already covered them.

What about in your yard? You dont need super long distances to work on your skill and proficiency.
Shooting in your backyard, you have to make sure there isn't a house within 500ft.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shooting in your backyard, you have to make sure there isn't a house within 500ft.
I live smack dab in the city, my "yard" is unfortunately about 15'x15' and shared with 3 other apartments. Living where I do was an unfortunate necessity due to my gf's job.

· Registered
687 Posts
Bulzeye Arcery on 5&20 in Bloomfield. Bag targets out to 60 yars and a 3D Target range that that has to have 40 animals from 20 to 60 Yards. His shop is right there and the range only asks for donations.

· Registered
205 Posts
I am in almost the same situation as Eternal Shogun. And it looks like Traditions and Gander are the only close archery ranges to Rochester... Anyone have any land that I can target practice with my bow on?

· Registered
205 Posts
-Marion is 35 minutes away from me
-Bloomfield is 30 minutes away from me
-Brockport is 32 minutes away from me

All of these are too far away for me to drive. If I have to travel that far I mind as well drive an extra 5 minutes to shoot at a family members house.
Im looking to drive no more than 20 minutes. Which would be no more than 15 miles.

· Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bulzeye Arcery on 5&20 in Bloomfield. Bag targets out to 60 yars and a 3D Target range that that has to have 40 animals from 20 to 60 Yards. His shop is right there and the range only asks for donations.
Thanks for the heads up, sounds exactly what I was looking for and only 35 minute drive. Im thinking Ill check it out this weekend. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.