New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to leave my current job and try to find a doorman/bellman job in nyc. However every place I try applying to keeps asking that I be FSD cerify'd.
Does anyone know how I can get my FSD cerification and what the process is like?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
The certification is probably just a test done by the NYFD. I'd just call whatever number you have and keep asking until you get an answer.

I have three licenses in plumbing, heating and sprinkler systems, all of them come from the the department of emergency services where I live. Essentially the city fire department. If it potentially has to do with fire that's who will probably license you.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
All of those tests are given at 9 Metrotech in Brooklyn. I'm going for one soon. You can download study materials for all safety tests from the FDNY site.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys they really know how to take our money! By any chance does anyone know of a doorman/bellman/janitor spot opening in manhattan where FSD isn't need'ed so I dont have to give this city more money they dont need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts