New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think there was one or two. I held one in the store and then found out someone here bought it. I'd be very interested in a review; I've heard mixed things on these so far.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there was one or two. I held one in the store and then found out someone here bought it. I'd be very interested in a review; I've heard mixed things on these so far.
Will update with a review this weekend. I have done quite a bit of research my serial numbers puts it at around 11,000. Has the reinforced ribs to prevent breakage and a few other modified components from the first few runs.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Will update with a review this weekend. I have done quite a bit of research my serial numbers puts it at around 11,000. Has the reinforced ribs to prevent breakage and a few other modified components from the first few runs.
What does the "reinforced rib" look like? Pics? I am curious of the difference of how it looks.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
On the top of my list still hard to find.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
my alleged friend got a call from our LGS that one he'd ordered came in a few months ago, but he decided to go for the UTAS instead. i stopped talking to him shortly afterward for not calling me so i could buy the KSG from him!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a KSG but have only taken it out once and had no problems. The tube selection switch bothers me though. There is nothing really wrong with it, but I feel like something better or smoother could have been devised.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a KSG but have only taken it out once and had no problems. The tube selection switch bothers me though. There is nothing really wrong with it, but I feel like something better or smoother could have been devised.
This company out of N.Y too no less is going to be making one in the future.
Hi-Tech Custom Concepts - Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun Accessories

So far they make an awesome handle and muzzle brake.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
That seems to be standard when dealing with Keltec Products.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does the KSG hold fewer shells in the magazine? How does the double mag fall within the law?
It has 2 separate tubes that need to be selected between. 7 in each tube with 2 3/4. It will not feed from them both simultaneously which is what makes this legal and the UTAS illegal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a KSG. I put about 100 rounds of the cheap target shells through it. It jammed on me several times but everyone on the Keltec forum says not to use low brass shells with it. I havent tried it with any other kind yet.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a KSG. I put about 100 rounds of the cheap target shells through it. It jammed on me several times but everyone on the Keltec forum says not to use low brass shells with it. I havent tried it with any other kind yet.
What kind of Jams are you getting? Failure to eject?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Correct. It wont eject a spent shell. The slide wont rack back. Each time it happened I emptied both tubes and used extreme force to rack it and it would eventually eject. I need to take it apart and watch where its getting hung up.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct. It wont eject a spent shell. The slide wont rack back. Each time it happened I emptied both tubes and used extreme force to rack it and it would eventually eject. I need to take it apart and watch where its getting hung up.
Was using cheap clay target loads some 3" shells some 00 buck and all sorts of birdshot.

My brother was having failure to eject issue and I was not. He was short stroking it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay small update.

Put a ton more rounds down range with this. It is absolutely amazing. I am not having failure to feed / eject or any other issues using all different types of shells.

These are some mods that I have added.
Muzzle brake

Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun Defender Muzzle Break: hitechcc

Charging handle

Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun Striker Charging Handle: hitechcc

Crimson Trace Rail Master Universal Rail Mount Red Laser Sight
CT-LS-CMR-201

And the button sling which is absolutely amazing.

I also have magpul mbus irons. Will post pics of my exact shotgun later with everything on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts