New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I am a pistol permit holder, the flood gates are open?

My P99 is my starting spot. I next want a .22 plinker, and that is going to be the P22. However, I also want a fun novelty, and for years I had been eying a North American Arms .22, 5 shot mini-revolver. It comes in .22LR and .22WMR, and I think I'd want the .22WMR one. It is $200 shipped from Buds. Any thoughts on the subject? The use would be plinking/fun pretty much exclusively.

Also, if the NAA is a no, could anyone recommend any other "novelty derringers" on the cheap? Again, strictly for fun and plinking, doesn't need to be an uber-tacticool thing. Any other mini revolvers OR multi-barrel derringers out there worth a look?

·
Registered
905 Posts
it's not a revolver but the beretta 21 is a nice little gun. i like the tip up barrel feature. sorry not available in 22 mag. not a target pistol by any means but this class of guns never are.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have one of the NAA .22's. The novelty wears off real quick. There ok. But I would spend my money on something else if I were gonna do it again.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i bought an NAA mini-revolver from a mod here on the forum awhile back. the deal was too good to pass up and the combination of stainless/wood matched the bond arms derringer i already owned to form an aesthetically pleasing duo of diminutive handguns. it came with a leather IWB holster (which better serves as a pocket holster) as well as both .22WMR and .22LR cylinders, something i'd highly recommend since it opens up different avenues. i brought it to the range once and let it sit in the safe for awhile without giving it much thought. then a marlin .22mag rifle fell into my lap for another deal i couldn't turn down so i dusted off the old NAA since i like the concept of having a pistol and rifle that share a common caliber. i was pleasantly surprised with the range trip that included both. i won't lie to you-- the NAA is not easy to keep on target since it's so small, light, and has such little to grip. after every shot the barrel is facing upward at about thirty degrees. still, i can keep the .22WMR at center of mass at a reasonable self-defense practice range of 4 yards. what more can you ask of a novelty pistol? it's certainly not my primary carry gun for reasons so obvious i won't waste our time, but for a tiny firearm that you can slip into the front pocket of your pants after holstering up your EDC handgun it fits the bill perfectly. i keep mine loaded with a SD HP round in .22WMR. recently i started bringing the .22LR cylinder along for the ride in an old film cannister packed with two cotton balls to keep it snug and prevent it from rattling. the .22LR cylinder is loaded with two powderless (primer only) rounds and three shot shell rounds in case i want to swap out and neutralize a tree rat or snake. they make a proprietary laser and even a ridiculous bayonet for the NAA minis, but adding something like either of those would increase the overall size too much and defeat the entire purpose of the thing. hope this helped answer your question.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought an NAA mini-revolver from a mod here on the forum awhile back. the deal was too good to pass up and the combination of stainless/wood matched the bond arms derringer i already owned to form an aesthetically pleasing duo of diminutive handguns. it came with a leather IWB holster (which better serves as a pocket holster) as well as both .22WMR and .22LR cylinders, something i'd highly recommend since it opens up different avenues. i brought it to the range once and let it sit in the safe for awhile without giving it much thought. then a marlin .22mag rifle fell into my lap for another deal i couldn't turn down so i dusted off the old NAA since i like the concept of having a pistol and rifle that share a common caliber. i was pleasantly surprised with the range trip that included both. i won't lie to you-- the NAA is not easy to keep on target since it's so small, light, and has such little to grip. after every shot the barrel is facing upward at about thirty degrees. still, i can keep the .22WMR at center of mass at a reasonable self-defense practice range of 4 yards. what more can you ask of a novelty pistol? it's certainly not my primary carry gun for reasons so obvious i won't waste our time, but for a tiny firearm that you can slip into the front pocket of your pants after holstering up your EDC handgun it fits the bill perfectly. i keep mine loaded with a SD HP round in .22WMR. recently i started bringing the .22LR cylinder along for the ride in an old film cannister packed with two cotton balls to keep it snug and prevent it from rattling. the .22LR cylinder is loaded with two powderless (primer only) rounds and three shot shell rounds in case i want to swap out and neutralize a tree rat or snake. they make a proprietary laser and even a ridiculous bayonet for the NAA minis, but adding something like either of those would increase the overall size too much and defeat the entire purpose of the thing. hope this helped answer your question.
That is a great answer. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts