New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given all the news about ISIS in Mexico or even within our borders is anyone planning to fly on 9/11? Just curious.

I think the symbolism of the day is a big deal to the terrorists. If they did try anything my guess is it would be on 9/11 but what do I know.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm heading from ALB to PBI tomorrow, then back again on Friday night. I'm not worried, but I suppose I'd be stuck in the palm beaches for a while if something did happen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm flying from BUF to MDW today and returning Thursday night.
I didn't think about it, until I saw this post!
Thanks a lot! Lol

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
The evening of 9/11/01, I was on my computer at home in Queens booking a plane flight to a medical review course while I was watching the news from Manhattan in the background. That felt odd.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Saved $200 flying to England 9/11/2004 but given our current state of affairs and the recent boldness of the Muslims I'll pass on being in any congested areas this 9/11.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would hope that the agencies responsible for watching such things will be paying extra attention. If an attack gets pulled off, and no one saw it coming, then what are they good for? Where is the temporary security that we have given up essential liberty for?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I have no plans to alter any of my movements on 9/11 or any other day! That is exactly what they want, to TERRORIZE people!! I'm not trying to be all macho or anything, just that at 60 y/o I certainly do not intend to let a bunch of friggin' PUNKS that are used to manhandling women, children and weak men, control my movements, or actions!!
Sorry, just the way I feel, and intend to live!!

FUAC!!! FUBHO!!!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I expect something to happen, but more likely will be overseas like Benghazi...

...and I'll be willing to bet the administration had warnings they have been ignoring.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would hope that the agencies responsible for watching such things will be paying extra attention. If an attack gets pulled off, and no one saw it coming, then what are they good for? Where is the temporary security that we have given up essential liberty for?
That is an excellent point. Billions of dollars have been spent to create an intrusive electronic presence, which some have referred to as a quasi police state. After spending all that money to intercept every piece of electronic communication the government damn well better not let something happen. That is the only justification for the investment and curtailment of civil liberties. Even then some would argue the tradeoff is not worth it - i.e. we have given up far too much liberty to make the nation more secure against terrorist attacks. I am sympathetic to that line of reasoning.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, I made it to Florida today... no problems and security seems just as inept as usual.

As a complete aside, I'd like to tell you how refreshing it is to be in a free state. I was able to schedule a couple hours to myself this afternoon before things heat up for work, so I headed to a store/indoor range in DelRay Beach. It's quite nice to walk in, hand over my driver's license, ask for a Glock 19 and 100 rounds of Blazer FMJ, and proceed directly into a lane for an hour of trigger therapy. No questions... no BS. Just walk in, ID yourself, and shoot. I had a good time.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Pssssst ...... go back and look at everything just from 9/11 and you'll quickly see how they stated they KNEW everything. Go ahead ... go on. Look!! They know, they are more than likely part of it and no .. they're aren't going to do a ****ING THING!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm on my way home now... posting from 37,000 feet. No issues, but I'm discouraged to be leaving a free state. At least I still have the privilege of ordering a Heineken up here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts