New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to see who else locally is into this and share some collections :)

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I like WW2 rifles, I am trying to get a battle rifle from each of the major countries in the conflict. So far I have all matching numbers 1942 Mosin Nagant and a 1942 matching numbers Lee Enfield, hoping to somehow get a KAR98 from '42, an Arisaka from '42 and an M1 Garand, then I will have all matching rifles from the dead center of the WW2 conflict.

I'm at work right now I'll post pictures for this thread later, but I have them in a picture album on my profile too.

I also have a reproduction WW2 M1 Carbine, it isn't a real WW2 M1 but its the same rifle really, just a little shy on the quality.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome can't wait to see some pics.. I will share some of mine when i get home as well.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
I bought an M1 Garand for myself and one for the kid.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive got...

-3 arisakas
-3 or 4 K98 Mausers
-5 Mosin Nagants
-3 Enfields in 303
-1 m1 carbine
-2 Suomi 9mm carbines

cant think what else...hmm
What codes are your K98's?

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pics of my junk:

K98k Code 42 made in 1940 GI bring back:

K98k Code BCD 4 made in 1944 GI bring back

K98k Code BCD 43 made in 1943 GI bring back

Gew98 DWM made in 1908 ... I would assume this one was brought home by a doughboy as it is all original and not a post war rebuild. Unit ID disc shows it was issued to the 46th reserve regt. of the 10th resv div which fought US forces at Belleau Wood.

SMLE MkIII* BSA made in 1918.. standard WWI/WWII British battle rifle

(got lazy here) Springfield M1 Garand mfg 1943, Springfield 1903 mfg 1932, Remington 1903A3 mfg 1943

Russian doorstops: Izzy M44 carbine , M91/30 Sniper Tula 1943

Bubba creations, but i still love them. Krag-Jorgensen 1898 Springfield and Gew98 Spandau 1916.. Krag was my great grandfathers he bought in the 1920's

These two rifles are on the way somewhere in a UPS truck, one from Texas the other from Missouri.. first up is a K98k BCD45 semi-kreigsmodell, been waiting for one of these for a while. Nice resto project, all matching #'s, non import etc.. time to bust out the Kroil

Next is another resto project.. K98k BYF43.. this one is a bolt mismatch in a cut down stock, the metal is unaltered though.

I REALLY want to find a nice RC mauser for a side rail or high turret sniper build.

· Registered
44 Posts
I just started collecting/going to shows last year. I have only managed so far to pick up a Nagant and a Yugo SKS. Both of which I love. Fortunately I just freed up some "play" money (money made from selling off other toys that the wife can't b-tch about) so hopefully my next purchase(s) will be the K98 and an Enfield. I really want a Garand.....I just don't know if I want to drop down the cash on that one yet.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just started collecting/going to shows last year. I have only managed so far to pick up a Nagant and a Yugo SKS. Both of which I love. Fortunately I just freed up some "play" money (money made from selling off other toys that the wife can't b-tch about) so hopefully my next purchase(s) will be the K98 and an Enfield. I really want a Garand.....I just don't know if I want to drop down the cash on that one yet.
Best bet for an M1

Rifle Sales - M1 Garand

Depending on the K98 you might spend 2x more than what a Garand will run. If you want a nice shooter grab a nice "Russian Capture" K98 for 400 ish.... Don't get fooled by "mitchells Mauser's" either... faked renumbered guns.

· Registered
180 Posts
Do the leg work and get a garand from the CMP it will be worth the trouble!!!
I have a ok representation of the 2 great wars not so much the first one.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I still gotta post my pictures, btw is that a 'Vette rim by those rifles? I envy you sir!

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked up some bayonets today for a few of my mil-surps!

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Wood Line Air gun Gun barrel Metal

I know the top 2 are carbines but they were still used in WW2 so I threw them in there (The M1 isn't a GI it's a Universal, but its the best representation of that weapon that I have)

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow i like that Krag!That is a 30/40 right,cause it looks just like my dads old one....You ever shoot it and if so how it does?
Yes 30-40 Krag. Very accurate with iron sights at 100 yards. The 30-40 is a neat cartridge. I actually took it deer hunting last season, but didn't see anything . Got one on the LAST hour of the LAST day with my SMLE though.

edit: Not a corvette sadly, Its a 2001 Trans Am Ws6.. another money pit lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.