New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the last 2 times I bought .380 ammo at Dicks(I know F Dicks) they entered my pistol permit # into the computer.
I'm used to presenting it to buy ammo but this is the fist I have noticed them actually entering the # into the computer,purchases are now being recorded,by who and for what I would like to know.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ask George Orwell.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Haven't' been in Dicks since pre "bend over gun owners cuz we are selling our souls to appease the libtards" days.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Yeah, the business of screwing gun owners.
I thought they closed their firearms and open the space for metro trendy jogging clothing for the city goons.
Also I don't understand why a responsible firearm owner and citizen in the right state of mind would go and shop there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So the last 2 times I bought .380 ammo at Dicks(I know F Dicks) they entered my pistol permit # into the computer.
I'm used to presenting it to buy ammo but this is the fist I have noticed them actually entering the # into the computer,purchases are now being recorded,by who and for what I would like to know.
I bought a lot of 9 mm at our local Dick's in the past month (don't hate me, it was on sale!) and was never asked for my permit. I also heard the some of the stores are going to start selling handguns again.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I also heard the some of the stores are going to start selling handguns again.
Even if true, it's too little, and too late.

Dick Stack ran a LGS here in Binghamton for decades, long before you ever saw TV ads or stores in other states. Guns and fishing tackle are what fed his family, which is why their betrayal will never be forgotten by those of us who know the history. Several generations of my family bought guns and tackle at Dick's, I can't begin to count how many guns were bought there when they were just a "LGS." Today I just drive by and shake my head. Given how many other choices there are now out there to choose from, I can't understand why anyone would choose to save a "few bucks" on a retailer that's no friend to the firearms community. I'll pay more if it means not feeding the beast that's ultimately trying to consume me.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
They wanted ID for deer slugs the last time...and I mean the last time I went / go there.
Of course they did! Look how many robberies and late night back alley murders are committed with shotguns firing slugs. Ummm....wait....nevermind.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts