New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old old old, guessing 30's Bulova, doesn't work, wondering if its worth anything, or worth fixing. The back is engraved with a family member's name, no idea who the family member is, y grand father gave this watch to me about 30 years ago, he didn't remember who the family member was either, off the boat Pollack was our best guess.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It doesn't look beyond repair. Any scratches on the face?

·
Registered
185 Posts
A good cleaning and oiling will cost you almost $100. If something has to be fixed or replaced it will be more.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If it were me I'd fix it and pass it down the family line.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been meaning to take it to the jeweler who done some stuff for me in the past, just keep forgetting about it. I'm guessing its worth about what it costs to fix.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
When you find it does it make any noise like its trying to run?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Looks almost like the Bulova square deco.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Its a late 30's, mid 40's Bulova tank, probably 10k gold filled. They were pretty popular, and there is still quite a few out there. I have owned and sold probably half a dozen, with prices ranging(depending on cond of course) from $60.00 to 300.00, but the latter had a 14k case, not a plated one. They are neat watches, and keep pretty good time when running properly. Its probably a 7AK movement, which were pretty reliable. I would fix it if you can.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Its a late 30's, mid 40's Bulova tank, probably 10k gold filled. They were pretty popular, and there is still quite a few out there. I have owned and sold probably half a dozen, with prices ranging(depending on cond of course) from $60.00 to 300.00, but the latter had a 14k case, not a plated one. They are neat watches, and keep pretty good time when running properly. Its probably a 7AK movement, which were pretty reliable. I would fix it if you can.
Great info for the OP'er. You familiar with Farfalla Clock Co. in Goshen?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool, thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts