New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a thread before this and I got thinking that everyone is looking for powder. Anybody interested in getting into a group buy for black powder? I started looking around the online stores and started doing the math and the cost of powder is expensive due to the hazard cost. The c and r group on here has done group buys in the past with much success and I'd have no problem handling it for everyone who is interested. There is a site that offers free hazard cost with a purchase of 25 or more pounds and can't find it. So if anyone is interested write on this thread

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'd go in with you if it will help out! If you want to shoot your new Flintlock I have powder and would meet you at a gun club I belong to that is probably midway between me and Rochester, well a little closer to me. If your interested let me know and I'll PM you details.
Robby

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And robin it's not a matter of just helping myself out. I just figured it would help everyone out by getting in on a order and make it cheaper for everyone

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Let me know how many cans you have promised and if I can I will take the rest in FF. I has to be done as a group buy though, it is illegal for the recipient to re sell them.
Robin

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok good to know

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Looks like the cheapest Maine Powder House has is $13.10 per pound (free shipping).

Buffalo arms has $11 per pound (plus shipping). Not sure which would work out cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts