New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a steyr m95 on its way from Arizona, I want to reload for this gun because this caliber is not cheap. I'm having problems finding any loading data though. Also what does the term blowback mean, I see it thrown around on a lot of reloading forums but I have no idea what it means thanks.
-Rick

· Registered
2,982 Posts
I have a steyr m95 on its way from Arizona, I want to reload for this gun because this caliber is not cheap. I'm having problems finding any loading data though. Also what does the term blowback mean, I see it thrown around on a lot of reloading forums but I have no idea what it means thanks.
-Rick
If a cartridge does not generate enough pressure to fully expand the case in the chamber you will see a black sooty accumulation on the neck and some will refer to it as blowback or blowby. If you can not find data you can contact lee precision and they will send you load data if they ever made dies in that caliber. The data they provide with their dies is usually on the lower end of the pressure scale because they assume you will be using the scoop that they provide with the dies they sell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.