New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm researching parts to put together an upper to fit the AllStar forged lower I just bought. I want a fairly light 5.56 cal with the shortest barrel possible, so I'm looking at a 14.5" Daniel Defense barrel. Any suggestions on a muzzle brake to get it to the legal 16"? It would be really cool if someone could suggest a decently priced stripped upper too. This is my first build, so I want to do it right (without going bankrupt, lol). Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
PWS FSC556 brake. Works and is $100.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have PWS FSCs and YHM aggressive end comps on my 14.5s. Both are good.
I like the look of the PWS FSC a lot but the YHM is a lot cheaper. And I still have to get handguards, so an extra $75 would come in handy. I'm still undecided on what to get for those.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most of my uppers sport the FSC556, but those were perm attached before the BattleComp 1.5 came out. It's a great comp. They are running their 2 yr anniversary code til 6/15 for big discounts on their stuff: use the code SLOTSMATTER. ;)

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Allstar makes uppers, barrels, etc... Use that resource as much as possible as they're a site sponsor and great company to deal with.

For the PWS muzzle brake... Search online for Scar 16S take-offs as they're the same thing as the FSC556, but instead of a PWS logo it has an FNH logo. And they go for as little as $30.

I recommend Magpul products wherever possible. Excellent quality. Their MBUS iron sights are excellent and cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I'd buy from DSA or Palmetto. Good products at excellent prices.
14.5 chrome barrels for $150....complete lower m4 build kits for $90. You can't compete or even come close to those prices anywhere else.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
A 14.7" instead will allow the use of any muzzle device that it the same length as a standard M16A2 compensator.
Much broader selection to work with than what a 14.5" would allow if you don't want to be locked into a small handful of specialty length device selections to build with.

EG: you can use a standard Battlecomp 1.0 for $10 less than the 1.5 and still hit 16.1-ish " OAL with no effort.
Spikes Dynacomp will give you 16 3/32", A2 device will get you 16 1/8", etc., etc., etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts