New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Binghamton, I think time and time again it's just as easy to drive an extra 15 miles a day and live down near hallstead, pa.

Any other guys out there thinking like this? If so, what do you think about the cost of houses over the boarder? They sure seem to have gotten way more expensive.

· Registered
332 Posts
Living in Binghamton, I think time and time again it's just as easy to drive an extra 15 miles a day and live down near hallstead, pa.

Any other guys out there thinking like this? If so, what do you think about the cost of houses over the boarder? They sure seem to have gotten way more expensive.
Rboss, I think you meant to type border.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
I can get to PA in 10 minutes.

I feel bad for this one guy though. He is the LAST house on the NY/PA border, on the NY side, and he must be super pissed because he has "Repeal the Safe Act" signs all over his front lawn. It must really be disappointing to literally be ONE step away from freedom.

· Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been living in Binghamton for the last 5 years, and to me it offers nothing to live in the city. I've been thinking of buying a house to stop renting. But then again why am I going to buy a home that's old, falling apart with taxes at 5k+ a year?

Any ideas what PA's taxes are around for a house? I know how to look up anyones taxes in NY for the most part, but haven't found concrete numbers in PA. I know they are much less because a close friend just bought a lake house that's 2200 sq ft, built in 1988 on a private lake with lake rights with taxes of $1,900 a year. I'm guessing a little ranch in the middle of nothing should be much less.

I've been thinking strongly about it. Everything is cheaper over the boarder. I've thought about just selling off everything I own and moving.

I own a construction company up here in Binghamton, but i'd have no problem working in NY to take the money to spend over the border. Might as well just move the business to PA and have a lower tax rate in general.

How are the ranges in the Great Bend area? I didn't know any existed down there. How many guys on this forum are in Broome county? Where do you all go shooting?

· Registered
274 Posts
I can get to PA in 10 minutes.

I feel bad for this one guy though. He is the LAST house on the NY/PA border, on the NY side, and he must be super pissed because he has "Repeal the Safe Act" signs all over his front lawn. It must really be disappointing to literally be ONE step away from freedom.
Maybe he should start a legal dispute about where the border is. He might get lucky and wind up a free man!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.