New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Sig .22lr conversions, instead of buying another .22, just looking for any feedback, would be looking at the versions for the Sig Sauer 226, 228/229 models.

Thanks for any replies.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
The money you spend on the kit you might as well get another gun. Two guns are better than one. Also, you have to break down the 45 everytime you want to shoot the 22 and that can be a pain at the range. What about fitment? That is another issue as well. Get the whole gun and be done with it. That is what I'm going to do.

JAmes

· Registered
137 Posts
it depends on what you are doing with it. If you are using it as a trainer to familiarize yourself with the controls and use of the firearm without spending an arm and a leg on ammo, then a conversion kit is ideal. If you just want a .22 handgun for plinking, having good time, and bullseye shooting a seperate gun is the way to go.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought the conversion kit on eBay, we'll see how it works.

· Registered
58 Posts
I have the conversion kit for my MK25. I have to stay that it does feel like you own two instead of one. The fact that the firearm has to be broken down the change the slide really isn't that big of a deal. The only downside is that the magazine does not lock the slide back after the last round is fired. But I have read that with a simple modification to the magazine you'll be good to go.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good feed back. I've seen a lot of good reviews, with the only issue being what you mentioned, with it not locking the slide back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.