New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking online today at Stack on, Husky, Craftsman and Kobalt. Any other places to look (Northern Tool, etc.)? Want one for ammo that needs to be reasonably secure. A few more for tools, circular saws, etc. Maybe one for flamable liquids (mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, etc). What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have used the Stack On's before. I found them to be a fine unit. The corners were overlapped at 45 degree angles vs. simple 90 degree overlaps. It gave it a nice finish. The paint was uniform and did not have any "thin spots". The keys are proprietary, so if they are lost, you will have to order them or find a locksmith that actually carries the blanks. Stack On will cut you new keys if needed, but you will have to show proof of purchase, so don't put the receipt in in the cabinet. Bear in mind, these are cabinets, not safes, they will keep out determined little fingers but not a determined crowbar.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used the Stack On's before. I found them to be a fine unit. The corners were overlapped at 45 degree angles vs. simple 90 degree overlaps. It gave it a nice finish. The paint was uniform and did not have any "thin spots". The keys are proprietary, so if they are lost, you will have to order them or find a locksmith that actually carries the blanks. Stack On will cut you new keys if needed, but you will have to show proof of purchase, so don't put the receipt in in the cabinet. Bear in mind, these are cabinets, not safes, they will keep out determined little fingers but not a determined crowbar.
Yeah, I'm just looking for a few cabinets, thanks. Guns are in the safe.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
For being a former school employee, I can honestly say they throw these out by the truckload. Great thing about kids summer was getting a ton of free stuff that teachers threw out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.