New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas,im looking for a picatinny mounted bi pod. its going on a SR556 with a full length troy monolithic handguard.. def. needs to made of metal, no plastic. extendable legs, somewhere like 9-16".. i know harris makes a great bi pod but do they mount directly to the rail, or are they all stud mounted, in which case i just need an adapter? thanks guys!

·
Registered
805 Posts
They are Stud Mounted, at least the 9"-13" one I bought is. However they do sell an adaptor to attach it directly to the rail. Most of thier adapters are in the $15.00 range. Check our Harris's website here --> Harris Bipods and you'll see the Pictanny Rail Adapter right on their main page.

I just got a Harris for my FNAR a few weeks ago, and I LOVE it! My FNAR has a Rail with a Swivel Stud on it. The bi-pod attached to the swivel stud out of the box. Their adaptor attaches to their stock bi-pod's swivel stud attachment, and allows you to slide it on/off of the rail directly. My best guess is that the adaptor will add a 1/2" to 3/4" in height to the total setup.

Here's a pic of my FNAR with a 9"-13" Swivel Model with the Optional Aluminum Alloy Pod Lock Lever (which replaces a small turning knob on the rear center of the stock bi-pod, making it a quick affair to adjust the tension):

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts