New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Oh, right. Remote controlled what? I've played around with RC Cars and lithium batteries. Have never built anything though. I'd love to try out the RC planes and Helicopters.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Never had my own...I've only played around with others vehicles before.

RC Boats are awesome.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I built almost every balsa wood kit with tissue paper wings, then went to silk-span and Monokote. been doing it since 1970. I still have one control-line plane but no r/c. Not involved like I once was but would like to get back into r/c again. I do play around with a simulator on the computer (phoenix RC) which keeps the itch scratched but nothing like smelling nitro in the air.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
RC tanks. I have a KV and a Stug III. I do infrared battles with them at Northampton park sometimes.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I used to be into the R/C cars, still have them, but they're just collecting dust now.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I love RC. My friends & I have been into the hobby on & off since the 80's (Heavily at one time)...My favorite RC buggy was my Tamiya FOX..That was a great kit, and a great quality buggie. I recently bought an A-10 Warthog (park-flyer with electric turbo fans)...Had one plane, many years ago, and crashed it..never bought another one...wanted to get back into planes again, so I bought the A-10 for the hell of it.

I also just bought another buggie...I got a Team Associated RC10, maybe 3 months ago? (Combo Kit with Radio)....For some reason, I just have the most fun with the buggies! Started building it a couple weeks ago....I do a little bit of assembling (here & there) whenever I get spare time after work. Which is not often. I really wanted a Nitro buggie this time, but, didn't have the extra $$$ at the time. But, electrics are just as fun. And it's what I'm used to.

Now in my mid 40's, I think I need glasses, or a good magnifying glass, because a lot of these damn parts look a whole lot smaller than they used to! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.