New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great time we had, met some great people too. WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO ALL who put on the square deal rifle shoot this past weekend. This was me second year and I made great improvement's over last year, of course more needed. The 7 stages were not easy, the rifle range was crazy hard, try hitting a 8 inch plate from 100 to 330 yards with OUT a scope. Even most guys with scopes could not do it. Most of us scored very low and ran out of time. My 4 moa dot burried the hole target. However the other 6 stages were also challenging, spinning texas star, hard and soft covered targets, head shots, unstable bridge, clay targets and room clearing just to name a few. Man can not wait till next year. Once again THANK YOU SQUARE DEAL SPORTSMANS CLUB and the range officers who kept us safe.

· Registered
277 Posts
That was a great match!! The Square Deal guys ran a nice shoot, they should increase their schedule to run a few more rifle matches a year. Enjoyed all the stages, the long range killed me. The IPSC stages were well planned out testing all of your skill sets. Prone on the moving bridge shooting that Texas star was a blast. Shot with a great squad of guys.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a great match!! The Square Deal guys ran a nice shoot, they should increase their schedule to run a few more rifle matches a year. Enjoyed all the stages, the long range killed me. The IPSC stages were well planned out testing all of your skill sets. Prone on the moving bridge shooting that Texas star was a blast. Shot with a great squad of guys.
What squad did you shoot in? I was in 6.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot on squad 6 on Sunday. I was one of the buffalo guys. Dan
Yea dan I shot sunday too, I am tall thin guy with black allstar tactical shirt.Great squad and good guys.Keep an eye out for our tactical shoot at ontairo rod and gun club coming soon. We are putting togeather a 3 or 4 stage set up about 30 people or so, would you and freind like to come to it? Not sure of date but it will be on a saturday.Let me know. KEN

· Registered
277 Posts
Hi Ken, ya we had a good squad. We had about 16 shooters from the WNYPPL go to the rifle match (5 on our squad) and i bet at least 10 would go to your match. Just give us good a notice in advance so the guys can plan. As a suggestion when you type up your invitation add a side match for handgun to be run over the same one or two stages after the rifle event, that would be a good hook. I know of at least 6 more guys that could not make Square deals match that might come. I would plan for more than 30 shooters and maybe 6 stages, even if they are mostly paper. Regards, Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.