New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body seal the deal yet today? I saw 3 doe this morning, the one 13 yds away was small and I passed. The other two were 70+ yds away. Good luck everybody and stay safe.

· Registered
791 Posts
I went to Stewart and it was loaded with opening day hunters. I decided to hunt around the woods for squirrels. After sitting a spell, it seemed like another hunting party would walk by just as things got settled. Most of them were trying to flush one sort of game or another. After a month of having the place to myself, it was quite a shock, After striking out, I heard a couple squirrels barking at me from the trees as I packed my trunk.

Hunting some juicy rabbits sounds good. But, I think I'll wait until it gets a little colder. The grass is still pretty high and I don't have a dog or a buddy that can act like a dog. I think I'll take my XT-22 up to the Catskill Park this weekend and try my luck there.

· The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Saw two nice size doe on the way to my stand before shooting light. Not a lot of action on the trail camera, but there were a few doe and a buck.

· Registered
3,223 Posts
Same as above...... All day saw 11/12 doe but no bucks. However.... TURKEYS galore today.

· I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
One spike about 400 yards out then a couple doe grazing by my truck on my way out of the woods. And I've never seen so many chipmunks and squirrels in one place. The woods were raining acorns and hickory nuts non stop.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
One spike about 400 yards out then a couple doe grazing by my truck on my way out of the woods. And I've never seen so many chipmunks and squirrels in one place. The woods were raining acorns and hickory nuts non stop.
Another high output acorn season eh?

That's not good for me, since I hunt along the edge of fields when I bow hunt.

It also means less active foraging for the deer because the more acorns around, the faster they can fill up and get back into hiding.

· I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.