New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here making any knives or sheaths, custom stuff or from kits? Let's hear about it here. I've made a few knives from kits, haven't made any blades of my own yey. Trying to learn to amke good leathers sheaths, but the leaning curve is long for an old dumb guy. Let's hear fro mthe knifemakers.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've hand folded steel ingots here at my fab shop for people looking to make their own blades and have CNC'ed some molds for people looking to make their own injected molded hard sheaths. Haven't done anything for myself though, the way I go through knives I'm on par with my wife and her shoes! haha!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know if you made it from scratch or from a kit, but that is impressive. I like the dagger.
Both knives were made from a leaf spring I picked up at a scrap yard. The brass for the bowie was a 1/2" thick by 9" diameter plate shaped piece I found at the scrap yard also. I bought the babinga wood (10"x8"x2.5"T-block) at Curtis Lumber in Malta. The scales and sheath for the dagger, I made from home made marcita that I made from diff color jeans. So yeah no kit but thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my father has been a bladesmith for the past 25 years ,he has started to slow down due to his age ,and changes in priorities .i dont currently have any pics but i could get some the next time i stop over to visit with him. he makes everything by hand ,including fittings .if anyone has attended any of the brasher falls or potsdam gun shows he was probably there. TBMorgan blades

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mpfellow & VRItactical, nice links & some beautiful knifework going on here, thanks for the pictures & the sites. mpfellow, nice work, very impressive knives, you should be proud of them.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished this bowie for a customer. 10" cpm s35vn stainless blade, black micarta handle
View attachment 15642 [/QUVVOTE]
VERY NICE WORK ! Do you have a home page or site where you are actively selling your knives? Inquiring minds & knife acumulators want to know.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NewPics 204.jpg NewPics 205.jpg Here are a couple of knives, made from kits, that I made for my two sons a couple years ago. Sheaths made by me also. I haven't tried making my own blades yet.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DSC00650.jpg Some guys tend to accumulate more knives than they really need. These are a few I had out to dust off a while back. Kind of like a racoon I guess, I just like shiny things.:D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DSC00687.jpg DSC00827.jpg DSC00837.jpg DSC00839.JPG NewPics 223.jpg

Here's a few pics of some sheaths that I've been making lately, six on the right haven't been shined up yet. I started out needing a sheath for 1 knife -- it came out like it was chewed out of an old catchers mit by a demented beaver! Tought I'd try harder, the learning curve is steep, but I'm getting there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice sheath's wizrd! I like the style of the one's in the first pic the best.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I do not do the blade, and have only tried making the sheath a couple of times. I have made a few handles though. These are the only pics I have on this PC.

cheif knife.jpg eagle knife.jpg mtman.JPG

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bonecarver, those are great, I got several pieces of antler & stag butt I been wanting to try to do something like that with -- I can't see myself doing anything THAT GOOD, though. Nice job!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts