New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Unique performer.

When I was in the merchant marine we'd listen to him below decks in the electric shop. My boss said his low frequency voice made whales cry.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'm a BIG Johnny Cash Fan, I have almost every song he sang on my I Pod. Great Singer with songs that had meaning. He was fond of the 44, When he wore revolvers on stage they were loaded. I've got his YouTube video "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" in my signiture. Friday Nights or Saturday nights I'll have a fire out in the fire pit, drink Budweiser and listen to Johnny.

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Not necessarily a Johnny Cash fan but I could be talked into it. Him and Ray Charles. Need to listen to some old albums...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Not necessarily a Johnny Cash fan but I could be talked into it. Him and Ray Charles. Need to listen to some old albums...
Check out the Johnny Cash Videos on YouTube

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Many of us are Cash fans and don't even know it.

Example:

[edit] late night posting.. i neglected to post the cage versions.. so then I tried to do it just now and realized that I must not have been paying attention to the 3 video limit..

so, in order of appearance:

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Many of us are Cash fans and don't even know it.

Example:

[edit] late night posting.. i neglected to post the cage versions.. so then I tried to do it just now and realized that I must not have been paying attention to the 3 video limit..

so, in order of appearance:

Just to clarify, Cash covered nine inch nails. So if you like the Cash version you are actually a Trent Rezner fan!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
One Johnny Cash performance was all I needed to see the light. He was easily one of the greatest performers I've ever seen, and I'm not a fan of Country.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
One Johnny Cash performance was all I needed to see the light. He was easily one of the greatest performers I've ever seen, and I'm not a fan of Country.
My parents said the same thing after they saw him at the Arena in the 80's.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Just to clarify, Cash covered nine inch nails. So if you like the Cash version you are actually a Trent Rezner fan!
You can't come out of hearing the covers without being a cash fan.. that's what I was getting at. After hearing those, I was very impressed.. so you're a cash fan.. and that's how it is..if you don't like it, Ima come over there and throw a fish at ya!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My parents said the same thing after they saw him at the Arena in the 80's.
I took my son to the same performance at the Arena in Binghamton. Great show.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
A few of my favorite songs,

With all of the things going on over in Iraq & Syria this first one hits home, The Next one is so true and the third one I like, He has a spot in there about shooting the Crows.

Going By The Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEyujOSEexM
------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Near The Water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yY3saN_iMI&list=RD-yY3saN_iMI
---------------------------------------------------------------
Beans For Breakfast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yY3saN_iMI&list=RD-yY3saN_iMI

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My son was about seven at the time,He still remembers it. I went to the Frank Sinatra performace up in Syracse shortly afterwards.
Wished I would had the chance to go see both of them afterwards, I've been listening to both for well over forty years.

I have a shipping box fullof Johnny Cash CDs that I have to mail back to my son to download on his computer to then download onto my IPod. My old I Pod bit the big one. He'd probably down load them on your devises if your interested. I also have a second box full of other artist, John Anderson, Kenny Kesney, Hank Williams JR & others that he'll be downloading as well.

I will be picking up a couple of new I Pods and have them loaded up just to have on hand for when this one CASHes in it's chips.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Grew up listening to Johnny Cash on many a Sunday mornings. Mom was a huge country western fan. I could name dozens of artists and sing the tunes word for word of dozens more and I'm not big on country music but Johnny Cash is definitely one of my favorites!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I got you all beat!
i have been to his farm a Couple of times.
Johnny gave me the tour!

HURT is a top 10 song of All Time!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts