558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is the best area to put it
but does anyone know any gun stores that offer a military discount
within 1hr of coxsackie. ?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
The Fort Drum PX has a gun section. You don't pay any sales tax on the Post. I have not seen to a gun shop in the Fort Drum area that offers a military discout. Of course if you do enough business with your local gun store you might get the brother in law discount prices. I tease Mary Van Tassel about that when ever I buy something from her. I ask for the brother-in-law price. Then I clarify that statement to say the brother-in-law that you like price.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
399 Posts
And we run our 10% offjust about every other week. Shotguns are next.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Cabellas offers 10% to all veterans and active military.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Is this something new? I remember they have veteran's appreciation days sometimes but didn't know thay had a military discount all the time.
Started country wide on Aug 1

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
We as the EXHANGE, PX. sales I have personally increased our inventory, and have a very good assortment of pistols, rifles, and shot guns.
At fort drum? I was just there dang it. Next time I am in Watertown I am stopping. At the main store? Didn't even know they had guns.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes we do, right between sporting goods and camping, been selling them since 2009.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Military discount tends to be more with the Brand of pistol then the store.

Glock has Blue Label discounts that are well worth looking into. The only store I could find who whould swap 17round magazines for 10s was Collectors Rifle and Ammo.

Glock, Smith and Wesson, H&K, Beretta, Sig, Springfield all offer varying amounts of discount to servicemen. Some are mail in rebate, some are at the sale, some are a third magazine. It takes alot of digging to find out about them. Sometimes the registered dealers with lie to your face and say the manufacterer doesn't have a discount. Look around online, find out about the program and then find a shop who will honor it.

Your best bet is to call the manufacterer and get a list of places who do the discount. Then call those places to double check. I drove 3 hours to a gunshop to get my discount. But its hard to beat $480 before tax for a brand new gen4 Glock17. It takes some serious leg work... but the deals are out there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does it apply for vets?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Bass Pro offers discounts to Military and Fire/Leo.
Don't know if it applies to firearms though.
Employees don't get ammo/firearm discounts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts