New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reason I ask is on Sept 21-22 the Snow Bash grass drags are being held in Ohio, NY. About 10 miles north of Poland, NY on Rt 8. (Poland is about 20 minutes north of Utica). My neighbor is the main organizer, so I have a lot of latitude to do the following suggestion.

Marc Butler is my Assemblyman and he has been very vocal in repealing the unSAFE Act. I'd coordinate with Marc to get necessary information where I'd like to set up a booth at the event where I can sell some of my 2nd Amendment merchandise. I'm going to donate portions of my proceeds to NYSRPA or other State 2A organizations.

I'd like to have literature there, voter registration and other information to garner support for our fight. Plus, I'd love to meet some of you in person to put a face to the screenname. I do large format printing and would promote NYF with a big banner, for free, so to direct traffic here to the forum. If SCOPE would like to sell their lawn signs there, I'd make sure they'd be available.

I'll check with my neighbor, but I believe there is over 10K spectators paying at the gate to watch the racing, plus all the racers and their crews. Herkimer County was the first to vote for a resolution to oppose SAFE, so while we might be preaching to the choir, maybe we can get people registered to vote, or to join one of the 2A orgs.

If any NYR members would like to help man the booth, send me a PM and I'll see what how many I can get in for free. This idea came to me over coffee this morning because I wanted to be to meet some of you, then thought "Why not reach out to the crowd and let them know about NYF and our fight against Albany and D.C.?"

There are a ton of racers from across the county that show up, plus vendors, a swap meet and vintage sled displays.

Moderators: Please let me know if I need to edit this so I don't violate any forums rules.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Ever think of becoming a vendor here ??

Grass drags are cool.....We used to go watch them in Dansville......I don't know if they even have them there anymore......

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ever think of becoming a vendor here ??

Grass drags are cool.....We used to go watch them in Dansville......I don't know if they even have them there anymore......
I am definitely planning on vending here as soon as I can. Especially having a $1600 veterinarian bill I'll be hit with on Wednesday, I'll need to raise money. If all goes well at the races, I'll use the funds to purchase my NYF sponsor package. I still would like to meet members in person there, it's a lot fun. The races are just secondary to me. I've spent 15 years working the snocross circuits, so I'm kind of burnt out with the racing thing. We used to have snox races down near Dansville at Swain Mtn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.