New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the final stages of having my handgun permit processed and I feel now is the time to start prepping and getting my ducks in a row. After many months of doing my homework on weapon platforms, deliberating my needs/wants in a handgun, confirming my tastes with some out-of-state hands on experience, and taking into account current issues/changes with certain brands/models, I've come to a final decision:

The CZ P-01 9mm
(Requesting 10-round magazines, of course.)

Having made my choice, I'd just like to get some feedback from any CZ owners in NY. It doesn't have to be about the P-01 specifically; whatever you've got or have shot before is fine.

I'd also like to get an idea of how readily available preban and/or unmarked CZ magazines are. My choice of gun is compatible with CZ-75 magazines and from what I've gathered, preban or unmarked CZ-75 15-round magazines should be fairly abundant and not terribly expensive due to a smaller demand (compared to preban Glock 9mm magazines, for example). Can anyone chime in on that?

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Don't own one (yet...). Tried the CZ 75B for a while at a range in Tampa... great gun, awesome shooter, very very accurate. A CZ 85B will be my next purchase (I'm left-handed - has ambidextrous controls).

· Registered
8,557 Posts
I have an EAA witness in 38 super. The Witness is a copy of the CZ75, I used it for Competition pistol shooting.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Does a Dan Wesson Valor VBob count?

· Registered
69 Posts
After trying a 75B I researched CZ models and got the 85 Combat. The first time I tried the 75b I was able to shoot left or right handed just as well, and that sold me on the gun. I chose the 85 Combat because I wanted ambidextrous controls but no firing pin block. Overall it is excellent.

· Registered
4,105 Posts
In my humble opinion, you can not go wrong with a P-01 or a CZ75. I've become a real fan of CZs over the past couple of years. I had always heard great things, things like how they were the "best kept secret" in handguns. The prices on them used to be so much more affordable before they really became hugely popular and other "wonder nines" were in style. I've got the SP-01 , 75, and 97B now and they are all outstandingly accurate guns that just have the right feel to my hands. The P-01 (handled them, don't own one) is a little bit small in my hands with the more compact frame, but I have big monster mitts so larger guns usually are a better feel for me. I have noticed that the baseplates that come standard on the .40 cal P-06 magazines are extended by comparison to the factory P-01 mag plates. I've been wondering if they are interchangeable, because if so then a P-01 would be a great carry gun for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.