New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am very interested in competitive shooting and have been searching for quite some time for local matches, but really have not had much luck. I know Monroe-Chester club has a Cowboy Action shooting competition and there is a range in Middletown that has 3-gun matches every so often, but I was wondering if anyone knew any other local pistol-only competitions that go on? At this point I am looking for any type of match that I can participate in to "get my feet wet" and see what its like.

If anyone can help me, or redirect me somewhere with more information it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advanced

·
Registered
79 Posts
like OC Shooter said between Master Class in Monroe and Monroe Chester Sports Club you can shoot in a match several times a week. Lots of leagues and things. Check out there web sites.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The combat league @ master class is over for the year. Dutchess county pistol association has uspsa and idpa matches. Also Norther westchester gun club has uspsa matches monthly. Nice bunch of guys at both places.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies guys! I know Master Class' .22 pistol league ended for the year, and unfortunately I was told that at Monroe-Chester their pistol matches are for members or friends of members only (this is what I heard). Adding to that, Monroe-Chester is a minimum of a year waiting list (not to mention you need 2 references from the club to sign on your behalf) and its $500 initial sign up fee and $100 per year. Not bashing them at all, I would LOVE to be apart of their club, but how can you become a member if your not allowed to be apart of their activities? Ill be looking further into this this week to see what the truth is behind the matches they offer! Thanks again guys

·
Registered
149 Posts
I second the Dutchess County Pistol Association. I have been going for the past couple of weeks to the Tuesday night IDPA style shoots. Great people and you don't need to be a member for those nights. I would suggest contacted them first but I can almost guarantee you'll have a good time.
I am a very new shooter and I have been made to feel very comfortable and I'm learning a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts