New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's unfair to call him a coward. He's following standard legal procedure.

This is good news - a small and temporary victory, but a victory nonetheless. If the 2nd circuit doesn't quash the TRO (and I agree, that is a big "if"!), then we can once again carry... until October 20th, at least (/grumble). That's when the TRO would expire, as that is when the hearing on the injunction is scheduled.
Maybe calling him a coward is unfair but we are even for roller coaster ride of excitement i was on until i got to the last page

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed. If i was a scumbag NY official i would consider maybe dropping this case with the hopes they can keep what was left in place by the TRO. Pushing this too far through the appeals process will backfire for them.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The decision was definitely written to resist an appeal and Suddaby did a great job. Special attention given to standing issues and the court went beyond what was necessary and looked for historical analogs on its own, even though that is the state's burden. I'm thrilled he chose not to stay the ruling this time pending an appeal.

That said the second circuit could once again stay this in an administrative action with one judge and just not appoint a three judge panel to review that stay like they did with the TRO. Pretty obviously a stall tactic because everyone that honestly looks at this law realized it is unconstitutional.

Hope everyone is getting out to vote today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts