New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,021 Posts
It’s already been appealed. We are there and the second circuit has to uphold it. If they don’t I will be very surprised. I almost want them to deny it so we can take it to the Supreme Court because we will get more out of it than what Suddaby and the second circuit will give us.
I’m largely happy with what the TRO gave us, but I already have my full carry permit. I think it can certainly be improved upon and needs to go further especially for those who don’t have their permits.

· Super Moderator
5,021 Posts
Agreed. If i was a scumbag NY official i would consider maybe dropping this case with the hopes they can keep what was left in place by the TRO. Pushing this too far through the appeals process will backfire for them.
The TRO inst the end of the line though and suddaby could rule further in our favor at subsequent court proceedings.

· Super Moderator
5,021 Posts
Lol "pending panels consideration"
The last panel never happened so I don’t think this one will either. We’re stuck in limbo but take it for what it is worth that the NYS lawyer said we don’t have standing because they are not enforcing the CCIA. If they aren’t enforcing it then…. I’ll leave that up to you and what you will do.

· Super Moderator
5,021 Posts
Was watching a YouTube video that went over this. The attorney said this will be going to the Supreme Court.
It might go there but what will they do? Will they take it or kick it back to the lower court. Me I think they will take it since this is a direct slap in the face to them and this was done in direct defiance to their Bruen ruling. The supremes should have define history and tradition better. They also should have explained sensitive locations so we were not out in this situation. If the supremes did that it would be very clear and said and done. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts