New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knowledgeable on antique Flintlocks? I have an 1833 Flintlock ,breech loader, made in N.Conn , I don't know anything else about it but am thinking about selling it to buy firearms that I can actually shot, at present this is just a fancy wall hanger.

I am looking for info and resale value.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I'm guessing Hall 1833. Nice piece, pre Civil war, US markings. It's sweet that's a keeper.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A breech loading flintlock would be pretty rare.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
If Mr. Bill is right and it is a hall it is worth $900 - $1,200 from anything I can find, didn't say weather that was in firing condition or not, wouldn't hurt to clean it up and put a few light loads down the pipe to add value to your sale, saying an old rifle is in shoot-able condition can add alot to its value.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
If Mr. Bill is right and it is a hall it is worth $900 - $1,200 from anything I can find, didn't say weather that was in firing condition or not, wouldn't hurt to clean it up and put a few light loads down the pipe to add value to your sale, saying an old rifle is in shoot-able condition can add alot to its value.
Well ..... there goes the wall hanger idea!! Thanks DystructoBoi!!! ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks to be a correct Hall in pretty good shape, Gunbroker it, try some of the antique forums, the NMLRA and NSSA guys like em a bunch. I'm thinking it should fetch close to a grand, and if a feeding frenzy starts on GB, it might go a lot more...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts