New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anti-Gun NY City Police Chief Wants 6 Armed Detectives to Protect Him When He Leaves Office

"Citing the fact that he will remain a "high profile target" after he leaves office, Kelly informed insiders at Police Headquarters that he will request the contingent of detectives - each will remain on the city payroll making about $120,000 a year - to shepherd him around town and protect him and his family during their travels, sources told "On the Inside."

What's the matter Ray? Afraid? And your life is more important than anyone else's? Welcome to the world of serfdom. Now you know how we feel even though we weren't all police chiefs. This comment says it all. "Kelly is free to have all the security he can afford. That being said, the city owes him no less than any other citizen: tell him to dial 911 if he has a problem." Hopefully he has no problem getting a CCL.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I don't care how many arms the guards have. They could be octopi for all I care, as long as they don't have any guns.

·
Registered
690 Posts
He's only entitled to what any other retiring NYPD gets no more no less. Nothing makes him different then anyone else

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Figures...we serfs don't need to defend ourselves and our families but the elite can and should be protected by an arsenal. You can bet your ass that when Bloomberg finally leaves office he'll still have his retinue of private security who are no doubt packing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well isn't he special. Time to join the real world chief.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If he'd done his job the city would be safe enough to not need a gun - ohhh that's right criminals don't follow rules.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Feel the burn Ray, feel the burn. Its not so much fun being on the receiving end of unjust laws is it.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Tell him to move in with Bloomberg. The Safe Act and Quomo will protect him.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Feel the burn Ray, feel the burn. Its not so much fun being on the receiving end of unjust laws is it.
Trust me. He has no trouble getting a full carry permit for NYC, NJ, CT, and even DC. He carries the.38 he had for the past 40+years. The six cop detail is not that much compared to the threat against him. Six cops considering three shifts, days off, and such is not a lot of people watching him unless its six cops each shift.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Figures...we serfs don't need to defend ourselves and our families but the elite can and should be protected by an arsenal. You can bet your ass that when Bloomberg finally leaves office he'll still have his retinue of private security who are no doubt packing.
The papers are saying he offered every cop on his protection detail six figure jobs to retire and come work for him. A good way to pay for their continued silence.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The papers are saying he offered every cop on his protection detail six figure jobs to retire and come work for him. A good way to pay for their continued silence.[/QUOTE
True...they are all going out on their NYPD pensions, and he's paying all of them the six figures to continue working for him. It's a done deal.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Who would want to kill Ray Kelly??? He's not out there making arrests or anything.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Trust me. He has no trouble getting a full carry permit for NYC, NJ, CT, and even DC. He carries the.38 he had for the past 40+years. The six cop detail is not that much compared to the threat against him. Six cops considering three shifts, days off, and such is not a lot of people watching him unless its six cops each shift.
He's no better than anyone else, screw him. WTF what a chicken ****.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
But the safe act made the state safe... I thought we don't have to worry about bg's anymore... I really hope the taxpayers are not going to pay 3/4 of a million dollars a year for this chump.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
He just wants parity with Bloomberg, but he wants the taxpayers to pay for it. Bull****.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I don't follow NYC politics or events very much so I am genuinely curious. What is the threat against him when he retires?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts