New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
These are daily events.
This. Just about every news organization will go with whatever is popular, and will pull in ratings. It makes their advertisers happy, and provides more revenue for the news agency. It doesn't matter how low-brow the reported topic is, as long as it brings in more viewers.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Time to outlaw criminal acts..........

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
If you want news go look at what happened with the Mexican Revolution.

Mexico, July 11, 2012. The largest protest in human history. USA and UK governments pushed the press not to publish. Google censored videos on youtube and restricted keywords on this event.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Those cops where more than likley dirty.
Someone knew something that would get someone in trouble that was of inportance.

Maybe I watch to much justified.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have a feeling the gun control matters aren't something that we should worry about the president doing. It's becoming that the president is now more of a figurehead for the country than an actual head of it. Like the queen of England.

It's the rest of the government that we really need to worry about. They can start a bill against guns, president could turn it down, but they still could have it passed after he veto's it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does it? If Obama is forced to take a stand on guns, he could lose voters. The more its in the news, the more pressure there will be for the candidates to discuss it.
Obama getting a second term is what scares me. How the public views him will not matter, and he will be free to come up with all kinds of anti-2a crap.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Its not every day police are ambushed and shot at (I could be wrong though) for no apparent reason. I do have a feeling though that all the coverage of these shootings will end in more gun control and more violence until finally the media stops reporting on it to pretend like everything is fine. I really hate to say it and hope it doesnt come to this but who knows a revolution or a lot of violence could not be far off.

We have a horrible economy now, the government is corrupt and has really low approval ratings. We have a lot of people out of work and more laws will most likely be coming out and people are getting fed up. If things dont change in this country quick I think things could go south pretty quick. I dont think anything major will happen though until atleast after the election.

I did think that Obama was going to win re-election but now I think Romney will only because if Obama wins I think it wont be long for a lot more violence. I think if Romney wins then it will delay the violence just a little until people realize its just more of the same.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I wont be surprised if I am not.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Crazy white guy guns down 1 or more - makes headlines across country. Everyone screams for gun control.

White guy guns down black guy in self defense - makes headlines across country. Everyone screams for gun control. Reverends Al and Jesse all over TV.

Black gang-banger guns down rival gang member - gets brief mention in local paper. Happens daily in cities across the country. No outrage. No cries for gun control. No Reverends Al and Jesse. No one cares and it is forgotten by the next day.

Sound about right?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Crazy white guy guns down 1 or more - makes headlines across country. Everyone screams for gun control.

White guy guns down black guy in self defense - makes headlines across country. Everyone screams for gun control. Reverends Al and Jesse all over TV.

Black gang-banger guns down rival gang member - gets brief mention in local paper. Happens daily in cities across the country. No outrage. No cries for gun control. No Reverends Al and Jesse. No one cares and it is forgotten by the next day.

Sound about right?
And they call US racist. :/

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Its not every day police are ambushed and shot at (I could be wrong though) for no apparent reason."

There wasn't any reason mentioned as to why they were shot, kinda odd..gee there's some cops, let's go shoot them..why?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I do not agree with the use of the word ambush for these. The first shooting sounds like an opportunity event, and the second was reactionary. Guess after so many years of reacting to ambush classes I have a narrow definition of it. Besides that, I hope the shooters are among the five locked up. A psycho who would do that would kill anyone and not even think twice about it later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts