New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again something happened to ammo I sent out. I sent out 4 boxes of bullets to Texas. Today the buyer messages me and says the box was slightly crushed, and there was only 3 boxes of bullets in the package instead of 4. The buyer put in a claim for $50 for the missing box of ammo. If not approved, I am on the hook for the $50. Not a huge deal but nonsense.

A while back I sent a box of CCI ammo and it never made it. I never have a problem if the boxes aren't labeled ORMD ammo. Everything is fine. But when it says on the box ammo, something happens. I hate this , because by labeling ammo it says "steal me" . $W*T!!

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Once again something happened to ammo I sent out. I sent out 4 boxes of bullets to Texas. Today the buyer messages me and says the box was slightly crushed, and there was only 3 boxes of bullets in the package instead of 4. The buyer put in a claim for $50 for the missing box of ammo. If not approved, I am on the hook for the $50. Not a huge deal but nonsense.

A while back I sent a box of CCI ammo and it never made it. I never have a problem if the boxes aren't labeled ORMD ammo. Everything is fine. But when it says on the box ammo, something happens. I hate this , because by labeling ammo it says "steal me" . $W*T!!
I have had similar experiences with UPS and with USPS as well. I sent out a shotgun a few months ago to WV. The gun was fine, no damage when I sent it out. The buyer said when he opened it, the stock had broken. He showed a photo of it. The parcel was insured, so he made a claim and showed them the auction photos of the gun when it was bought (no damage). USPS tried to say they could not re-imburse because it was mailed "illegally". I am an FFL and sent it to another FFL, insured, with signature confirmation. Also I provided the PO with form 1508 certifying that sender and receiver were FFL dealers. They insisted the mailing was "illegal". We had to make several calls and tweak noses until the PO relented. I want to make a statement. I hate the government and I hate USPS. They take your money and expect you to perform your end of the contract but flinch when a claim is made. I urge you to take photos, use insurance, and go by the book when using UPS and USPS to send firearms. If you are a dealer, use form 1508 and make a copy and request the clerk to sigh your copy as well. You are paying for the service, make them do their job.

· Registered
14,520 Posts
Negligence or do you suspect people are stealing ammo?

· Registered
2,719 Posts
I have a hunch, no evidence, just a hunch, that, as a percentage of insurance claims against UPS and USPS, a high percentage would be firearm-related or ammo related. I have talked to a lot of people in the business who feel the same. Very rarely do you hear anyone complain about delivery problems unless it's with firearms, ammo, gold, silver. Can't convince me it's just an accident. Those who are caught doing this kind of stealing and damaging should pay a very severe penalty.

· Registered
1,598 Posts
I wasted an hour of my life in a FedEx getting the run around this week. They basically told me ammo was like fireworks and illegal to ship. Keep in mind I had the ammo shipped to me and I picked it up from the same store.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Its funny that Atlanta is being brought up because UPS misplaced a shotgun there about a month an a half ago until l raised a s--- storm and threatened to call BATF and the FBI because a firearm was stolen. After a three day investigation it magically reappeared. It was shipped FFL to FFL so I was not worried if I had to follow through.

· Registered
3,223 Posts
+1 on ammo. friend from Utah shipped me Nossler heads he got a deal on and they never made it. Tracking never left Kearny, NJ distribution center. They tried to say right off the bat that tracking system hadn't updated yet. I called BS and said Internet tracking does lag but their system is live. I got my money back but what a bunch of crap.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
My brother loads and unloads airplanes for FedEx. They are really haphazard and clumsy people. People are always shipping livestock via FedEx. For the love of God don't do it! One of the planes had a priced rooster that won a state fair competition. It was placed on the floor of the plane. A heavy box above it filled with who knows what fell on the rooster crate and crushed it to death. Just the other day a crate fell and broke, sending dozens of baby chicks all over the tarmac.
Before my brother worked there, Weird Al Yankovic was having a concert here and he sent his brand new accordion via FedEx. It never arrived. FedEx still doesn't know where the accordion is.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
If someone crushed my prized cock, heads would role.
Do you have any idea how long I debated saying rooster instead of cock? :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.