New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'He's got a gun': Four NYPD cops shot in Brooklyn - NY Daily News

Let me guess Bloomberg............the guy involved here was a law abiding citizen that legally possessed those firearms in accordance with NYS & NYC laws. Maybe making them illegal would have changed it.

WHAT ??? 50 rounds of ammunition!!! where did he get all that from?? :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
The way this is getting spun in the news is insane. I've seen so many reports on the news of the "small arsenal," one commentator said "he shot the cops with a 9mm GUN?? who needs that?"

People in the media apparently think naming technical aspects of weapons make them sound evil and scary, and they are right. I had a roommate who truly believed that if all guns were illegal, criminals wouldn't have access to them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Additionally, Bloomberg has said over and over again that these weapons were purchased illegally out of state, so why does he think that making it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain weapons within the city will quell any trafficking? I only hope our next mayor isn't as blind to reason.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What makes you think the current lord and emperor won't buy a 4th time around like he bought the 3rd that should have been illegal to begin with?

·
Registered
147 Posts
True. It wouldn't surprise me for him to overturn the law he had enacted saying no one after him can run for additional terms. "Well, I only meant that for future mayors after I've vacated throne."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts