New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try to help out a guy who posted brand new Standard cap Glock mags by telling him they are illegal in NY and this is his reply:

Hi cap mags aren't illegal in NYS. (check any gun show or store) New guns sold in NYS have to be sold with 10 rounders.

There is a lot of confusion and "gray" area along the rules specific to NY. I have read about this topic in depth and haven't run across any law that states that high caps are outright illegal. I know people will also talk about pre and post ban mags in which there is no such thing because there is no way to verify when a mag was built because manufacturers dont keep track of this.

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Some people need to learn the hard way. Me I am alway's open minded even if I think I am right. Never know everyone can learn something new everyday

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You know, I'm not sure how I feel about these threads. I mean yeah we are all being the good citizens by telling people about this big scary illegal hi-cap mags, but if we are doing it to please some anti-gunners, or to "protect" people from buying these things, isn't that a bit like saying "Guys, you should not smoke PCP. You know, the PCP you can get from Fred on the corner of Main and Oakwood? Between 8am-5pm. Yeah...don't go to him."

G

·
These are not hi-cap magazines.....they are standard capacity magazines.
10-shot magazines for Glocks are reduced capacity magazines.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He took the add down. Must of made him think twice.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
You know, I'm not sure how I feel about these threads. I mean yeah we are all being the good citizens by telling people about this big scary illegal hi-cap mags, but if we are doing it to please some anti-gunners, or to "protect" people from buying these things, isn't that a bit like saying "Guys, you should not smoke PCP. You know, the PCP you can get from Fred on the corner of Main and Oakwood? Between 8am-5pm. Yeah...don't go to him."
The hi-cap mags are not the scary thing. The potential felony charges are.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
These are not hi-cap magazines.....they are standard capacity magazines.
10-shot magazines for Glocks are reduced capacity magazines.
The fact that I said "big scary" in front of tat should have given away the sarcasm about the hi-cap part. :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I agree, we aren't appeasing the anti-gun Nazis so much as we are telling these guys that the magazines they have are illegal and that FELONY charges maybe be pressed against them, its not like PCP at all, its more like,

"Hey, you know that thing the constitution allows us to do but the government puppets turned into a felony? Yea, the right to bear arms, that one. Yea you gotta get rid of those magazines and get yourself some prebans so u can avoid jail time and carry enough ammo in your weapon when the government finally pushes us into a second revolution. Yea sell those out of state buddy."

Of course some of these idiots argue with us when we try to help keep them out of jail, and in that case **** em, hell if they are rude enough about it I'd even report them to the authorities and then write them a letter in jail asking if they ****ing believe me now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts