New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at 10pm tonight my wife and I hear fire trucks coming down our dead end street and go outside to see what is going on. The neighbors diagonally from us are having a party. Apparently they had a fire in the backyard and it got out of control so the fire dept. was called to put it out. Here was the problem, All the cars that they have over for the party are parked on both sides of the street blocking the fire trucks from coming to the house so they had to walk farther then they should have. The hydrant was past the cars near my house (they didn't need to use it). Now if they had to use the hydrant the cars are in the way and that would take valuable time away from them to put out the fire. I was talking to one of the firemen who happened to be the driver and asked him how annoying it must be that this happened. He basically said it pisses them off and that the lieutenant was going to be calling the police to report it. He also said it would be good if we called and complained as well so that way they get more calls about it. So I called the non emergency number and told them what the firemen said and they sent out an officer. Talked to the officer and he said they were all getting ticketed. I normally wouldn't call the police but if my house was on fire I sure as hell would not want them to not be able to come down my block (my house is at the end of the dead end street so they would have to come all the way down).

Now it's 12:23am and they are still partying and being loud outside as well as the smell of the weed they are smoking is coming in my windows. By the way, no cars have been moved yet and the officer told them to move em.

/end rant

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I would say you did the right thing,I would also call the Police again as there should be a noise ordinance if your in a residential area..especially at 12:30am..

That is just a suggestion though..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say you did the right thing,I would also call the Police again as there should be a noise ordinance if your in a residential area..especially at 12:30am..

That is just a suggestion though..
Was thinking about it. Our window is on the side of the house where we can hear them perfectly and it's very annoying.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Do these neighbors party all the time? If so, yes you did yhe right thing. If it was an isolated occasion I feel you could have been more.... Neighborly.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Neighborly my ass. If the street wasn't blocked I agree. But blocking it causes an increased hazard to MY family?
GTFO of here.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That's a tough situation your neighbors put you in but I'd say you did the right thing. You gotta look out for you, your family and your property and sometimes that means calling the police when your neighbors are being dicks. Good luck hope they straighten out for you.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I agree that blowing in the neighbor was the prudent thing to do. You don't want that party ending Project X style with the whole neighborhood going up in flames.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
How did the rest of the night go?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Need more facts , as stated if they party all the time then this could be a problem. but if they are like a normal family 3 to 4 parties a year between birthdays and graduations this may not of been cool to call the fire department
we live on a narrow street. I mean you practacly have to pull into the gutter to let another person pass you, That being said when one of our neighbors has a party we are all inconveanced and all have a parking problem and share driveways and lawns , Was there a different option available for them to park all of there cars ?

As for the weed. I feel its bringing our society down. but most other people think its ok, our local police don't even go after pot smokers they just use it as a tool to add an extra charge. it is becoming the new NORM.

Good luck with your neighbors. I just always try and put my self in there shoes and ask my self.
Are they acting out of malice? out of lack of respect, or just ignorance of how it will effect me. I am lucky all of our neighbors communicate with each other and will let another neighbor know of a problem.

Remember if you don't have a crazy pain in the ass neighbor, you might be him. We have one pain in the butt neighbor. I actually think he has a anger mental problem. spackle buckets at the end of the driveway so nobody goes into his driveway. any ways we have a community lake,park,backer pall court,excersise track, its in the center of our neighbor hood. anyways 2 weeks ago I was on a neighborhood work party running my skid steer loading mulch into our children's park.we had closed off a small road with 2 homes on it adjoining the park so we could have the mulch dumped, well don't you know instead of driving up to the next turn to by pass the park mr spakle bucket got out of his car, moved the road cones, drove around our mulch pile got out of the car at the end of the block and moved and thrown every one of the cones to get out of our work zone and then he called the police on us. Don't be the spakle bucket guy. I feel so lucky I don't just live on a street ,I live in a neighbor hood in a close community .

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
And this is why I like living in the stick's, nearest neighbor over 1/4 mile away and that' s not far enough. Holy SH** am I the anti social guy with the guns. ;)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
And this is why I live at the end of a dirt road with NO damn neighbors ! Plus it's out of " city limits " and we have our own firing range off the back porch ! I just gotta wonder if the streets are so narrow , how much is on the right of way by the city ?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
And this is why I like living in the stick's, nearest neighbor over 1/4 mile away and that' s not far enough. Holy SH** am I the anti social guy with the guns. ;)
OH HELL NO , I'm just happy that the closest neighbor is half deaf ! I figure it's like this , leave me alone and I will do the same for you !

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do these neighbors party all the time? If so, yes you did yhe right thing. If it was an isolated occasion I feel you could have been more.... Neighborly.
Yes they party all the time and have had the police called on them at least once a week(not by me but another neighbor) for being loud and parking so people can't come down the street. I have put up with this crap for years since they moved in and this is the first time I have called the police on them which mind you the FIREMEN I talked to asked me to do.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I'm a dick! Any of my neighbors who are loud past 11PM get a quick visit from me. I explain that this is my neighborhood as well as theirs, I tell them to keep the noise down. If they give me attitude or don't lower the noise immediatly, I call the police. I will call the PD over and over until the noise/party goes away! I don't give them "a few minutes", now is now. I own my home and pay a lot in taxes. This is my castle, I have every right to enjoy my nights in peace. Be quiet or move away!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts