New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
There was some talk about this a while back...I forget where I read it....

Just watch, a firearms insurance policy will cost about $1000 a month!

YET, criminals pay NOTHING!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What, the Heller decision wasn't enough of a lesson to them? UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Period. This isn't healthcare we are talking about. It's numero two in the Bill of Rights. These people are like a dog chasing it's tail, they just don't get it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw this in a newsletter from my NY "senator" talking about how he is sponsoring legislation here in NY for a $1M required liabilty policy for all gun owners.

N.Y. bill would force gun owners to buy at least $1M in insurance - Washington Times

This State is making it overwhelmingly apparent that we are not welcome here. Everyday is something new from these bozos, whetehr it be backdoor gun grab, wasted tax money, scandals and graft, or just ridiculous infringements on our rights and quality of life. I am not sure how much longer I can tolerate being here, but not too much longer I think...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
liability insurance to practice your 2nd amendment right ? then liability insurance to practice your 1rst amendment right against libel?, then liability insurance to walk the streets?, then liability insurance to eat at restaurants?, how about liability insurance to have sex?

The more I think about it and Obamacare, why do my spidey senses tell me that AIG and related insurance lobbies are running this country's government?

These DC whores need to be removed.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
What happens when someone does not pay their "insurance"? Does their ability to own a gun become suspended just like with a car? Do they have to turn in their guns, or do troopers come to take them? Good luck with that one in the courts...

Sounds like some stupid suggestion made just to seem tough on guns with no chance of passing.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The bill states;
Any person who has not purchased insurance in compliance with the law within 30 days of its passing would be in violation of the law.
Such an occurrence "shall result in the immediate revocation of such owner's registration, license and any other privilege to own such firearm."

Since when is it a *privilege* to own a firearm in the USA Mr. Ortiz?, owning firearms is a constitutional right.

NYS obviously does not believe in the US constitution or our bill of rights.

Read more:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/19/ny-bill-would-force-gun-owners-buy-least-1m-insura/#disqus_thread#ixzz2UBE5Btg4
Follow us:
@washtimes on Twitter

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I have no problem with this. Just as long as the people that don't want the freedom have to pay for it. And only them.

A bit like how the gun owners have to pay for their healthcare. :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Insure legal gun owners who don't commit crimes and insurance companies never have to pay out. That is a good all profit money making scheme. The victims of gun crimes will never see any money because criminals won't buy insurance. Here is an idea, all non gun owners be forced to buy insurance from gun crimes. They will then feel all safe, warm and fuzzy with no worries. They will be guaranteed to be paid. The problem would be insurance companies can't make money and won't go along with that idea. Then there is the fact that insurance of gun owners leads to registration. This Ortiz from Brooklyn who came up with this is a piece of cow dung.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Mandatory insurance for gun owner's is actually a de-facto ban...and of course we all know that cannot ban commonly used firearms. And, I'd be willing to bet that IF, some kind of insurance mandate would make premiums rise due to criminals owning guns, just like bad driver's cause insurance rates to go up...

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
not a snowballs chance in hell! on the federal level this will never get past the house, no freaking way! i just hope they dont push it on the state level, but if they did i personally think it wouldnt survive. i think all the NY politicians are going to think twice about any gun grabbing bills after how "well" the safe act went over. sure, there are some that just wont quit trying to grab, but i think many are aware that it is political suicide to vote against the 2nd amendment now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.