New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sadly, lowers seem to breed on their own, while the rest of the parts do not. I had one turn into two, then two turn into five. The uppers didn't breed, neither did the stocks, trigger groups or any of the other parts needed to put the upper to work, so it gets expensive keeping them all employed, let alone feeding them all.
Do yourself a favor, give me the lower now before it breeds, and bankrupts you. I'll give it a good home, and it will have lots of other, hard working lowers to learn from and socialize with. I'll even skimp and save, and turn it into a real, grown up rifle in now time at all.
PM me for details, and we'll get the adoption taken care of ASAP.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'll tell you where it goes: I bought my lower from AST June 1st. 2 weeks later I'm up to $600 in AR parts. Another $200 should finish it. Beware!
:eek:oh:

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I'd say a whole world of enjoyment! I just finished on that looks just like it and have another one on the shelf accumulating parts... Think about what you want out of it before you go buying parts. Lots of options out there. Everything fit perfectly on mine and I'm sure yours will be the same.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'll tell you where it goes: I bought my lower from AST June 1st. 2 weeks later I'm up to $600 in AR parts. Another $200 should finish it. Beware!
:eek:oh:
If you build one for 800 that is on the super low priced side. My build was supposed to cost 1k but I kept upgrading and it was 1300 by the time I finished.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If you build one for 800 that is on the super low priced side. My build was supposed to cost 1k but I kept upgrading and it was 1300 by the time I finished.
Tell me about it........!! I have $800 in the upper......ALONE !!! LOL

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Tell me about it........!! I have $800 in the upper......ALONE !!! LOL
LOL I agree. I got $900 into just a complete upper for a 14.5 build i'm doing. That's with the front and rear sight but still. My complete armalite A2 20" HBAR was only $865 and thats with the 2 stage trigger.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to Allstar today and picked up a lower parts kit and Magpul trigger guard.

It was a lot easier to put together then I thought it would be.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I just realized that I haven't updated this in a while.
Bought a DPMS TiN coated BCG, BCM MOD 4 charging handle and a PSA dissipator upper assembly.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Office equipment Shotgun
Just waiting for the money to cut the bayo lug, have a muzzle brake welded on, and to get an ACE stock and rear sight.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It looks great. My all star lower has a few 1000 rounds through it and the fit and finish is still great. There trigger has something to be desired though.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I know.......8 months later my build has topped out at $3,100......!!!!

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Nice work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts