New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to the local WallyWorld and buy two boxes of 5.56 and one box of .308.
The guy asks for my pistol permit and I tell him don't worry, the register won't ask for it, it is rifle ammo.

So we wait on line at the register and when we get there, the girl states:

"I can not sell you ammo I am under age".

So I say: "Aren't you 18"?

And she says: "Yes, but you have to be 21 to sell ammo".

My mistake, I didn't see Walmart on the ballot for NYS Legislature in the last election!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I Sure as hey hope you asked for an "of age" master of cashregistry to come complete your order..

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Next requirement is going to be a cashier ammo sales czar

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
So I go to the local WallyWorld and buy two boxes of 5.56 and one box of .308.
The guy asks for my pistol permit and I tell him don't worry, the register won't ask for it, it is rifle ammo.

So we wait on line at the register and when we get there, the girl states:

"I can not sell you ammo I am under age".

So I say: "Aren't you 18"?

And she says: "Yes, but you have to be 21 to sell ammo".

My mistake, I didn't see Walmart on the ballot for NYS Legislature in the last election!
Living in this state requires a third arm, to maintain the continual face palm the place causes.

OTOH I bet there is a law that requires that for one walmart somewhere and they just decided to make it apply to all the stores because it's easier for the people who make those decisions to do it that way.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think the employees make up their own **** as they go along. I've had multiple different employees at the same walmart give me multiple excuses and new procedures and regulations bull****. Ask for the manager and they usually clear stuff up.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Hmm, what was that I was saying about who really "enforces" gun laws?
I really have to disagree with you on this one. While the compliance of the business community is instrumental in the gun grabber's plans, it is in no way enforcing the law anymore than someone ignoring me is violating my free speech rights.

The key part of the word enforce is force. Without force or the threat of it there is no enforcement.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Makes about as much sense as my local Walmart. After about 10 years of not selling long guns they finally brought them back a month ago. Yesterday when I walked past I noticed a sign on the case "These guns are not for sale" WTF kind of retardation is that?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
You can looks but no touchy.... Kinda like us on here when GearHog or SlickGuns posts sale / specials.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
what is walmart?

how does the saying go? **** in **** out?

you get what you pay for?

lowest common denominator?

stupid is as stupid does?

walmart employees is what we will from the "everyone gets a trophy......everyone makes the team" stupidness!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
The titanic pain in the butt of not shopping there though (in some cases it's impossible)... :(

I won't buy ammo from them though, lol **** that.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
The ceo of walmart met with biden right after sandy hook to talk about gun control. Im sure this was a promise walmart made him in exchange for future tax breaks.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Hmm, what was that I was saying about who really "enforces" gun laws?
Making up lies about non existant laws is a trademark of Walmart AND law enforcement. What has that got to do with enforcing laws?

Lies I have been told by Walmart:
You can't buy rifle ammo if there is someone under 18 in your party. False.
You can't by interchangeable ammo without a permit. False.
You can't buy handgun ammo with somebody under 21 in your party. False.
You can't buy ammo after 8pm. False.
You can't buy ammo before 8am. False.
You can't buy ammo after 10pm. False.
You can't buy beer with someone under 21 in your party. False.
The law requires your birthdate to be entered/card scanned. False.
.22 Long Rifle is pistol ammo. False.
.410 is pistol ammo. False.
It is illegal to sell you a firearm and ammo in the same transaction. False.

So yeah, Walmart is the bastion of that.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
Well I bought 40 cal at a Walmart painlessly this afternoon. We talked about astorino and I paid without showing my permit or any other nonsense. Dicks has wwb on sale now but it's still cheaper at Walmart and talking about which is the lesser of 2 evils!

Anyway they aren't all an asspain

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I think the employees make up their own **** as they go along. I've had multiple different employees at the same walmart give me multiple excuses and new procedures and regulations bull****. Ask for the manager and they usually clear stuff up.
Last time i was in one here in NY it took 1 employee 2 managers my pistol permit license # and about 40 minutes just to buy some pistol ammo on sale.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Well, I must have it good - Wally World I go to in the 'Hood in the Northern Wood only has one question for rifle ammo after I ask "What's the limit?", and that's "How many do you want?"

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
At least you can get to the ammo. Whenever I go into the Monticello Wal-Mart there's a million employees standing around with their dicks in their hands but not a single one has the keys to the ammo case or knows where they are. Customer service at its finest.

The only thing more annoying than the employees there are the other patrons. Especially in the summer.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well I can say that buying ammo at my local china mart has always been painless .I park in the back away from the crowd and the ammo case is within 15',usually gotta track down a minion to open the case but after that it's gravy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts