New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mass Shootings: Maybe What We Need Is a Better Mental-Health Policy | Mother Jones

The Anti's won't speak of mental health as a problem associated with the mass shootings that seem to be happening more frequently. They will say the problem is the "GUN" and the solution is more "GUN CONTROL". This Mother Jones article speaks to a common thread in many of the acts of violence and that is the extreme state of the mental health of the perpetrators. This includes the Naval Yard shooter.

I am quoting myself from a recent post as we all need to be aware that there will soon be more mentaly ill people on our streets, thank you little prince andy.

"New York has more psychiatric centers than any state in the union, but not for long. There are to be closings of long standing facilities in the near future. So what will happen to the mentally ill that are to be displaced. Some will be relocated to facilities remaining open the rest will receive treatment and therapy at community based treatment centers as out patients".

So, in the same year, little prince andy has reduced our ablilty to defend ourselves and put more potentially violent mentally ill people on the streets of our great state. I am sure you all feel better now, don't cha know...:wacko:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Closing Elmira Psyche center I've heard. These people are kept in locked wards for a reason. Turn 'em loose and the wheels will come off. I sometimes wished had I lived 100 years ago.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Blue press had a great 3 part article on this about 15 years ago and it had the last 13 mass murderers on the list but no one paid any attention because gun people are supposedly all liars.
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts