New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of threads of late pertaining to "unusual" or "bad" doctors visits. After the David Lewis incident I can understand, and am concerned myself. Well, I had one today and I thought I would share some news from the other side of the spectrum.

So, I go for a checkup today with images of David Lewis and invasive questions in my head. I already do not like the hospital scene. I get signed in and go to the waiting room. What do I see in the waiting room? A picture of a Beretta 92's sights aiming at a target. "Oh great, anti-gun crap" I think. I stand up and take a look, for a bit of a yarn. And...no, it's isn't the usual propaganda. It is a sign explaining the BENEFITS of guns and target shooting. It moves on to some warnings about reloading cast lead (as we know, that isn't propaganda...airborne lead from cleaning spent cases can be dangerous). At this point I am shocked, so I browse the pamphlets available in the waiting room, and again, what do I find? A Pamphlet on RELOADING AMMO and how to do so safely, to minimize lead exposure. I was totally not expecting this view.

So I go in to the exam room when called by the nurse and we do the basics. It is a different nurse this time. A bit strange to me. I get asked the safety questions "do you wear a seatbelt?, do you do illegal drugs", but not a word about guns. Strange, considering the stories. When the exam is concluding, she tells me, "surprised it isn't your regular nurse?" I say that I am. She says "Yep, she was cut from Obamacare. Lots of my co-workers were." I could not believe it. The lord and savior of the medical system, Obamacare, having a bad effect on those actually IN the profession, as opposed to political talking heads?

The rest of the exam with the doctor concludes, but it leaves me quite impressed. I truly was expecting the typical anti gun propaganda, but instead got the opposite. Now, I can't be sure, but I just have a feeling in my gut that, if asked about me by some prying organization, be it the NYSP or otherwise, the doctor would tell them to pound salt...

Just a tiny bit of encouragement.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Sounds good.

I get to see it almost first hand how bad Obama care and government involvement in the healthcare system is because my dad is a doctor. Absolutely devastating. I actually started off college "pre-med" and decided to change majors once I realized how bad it was becoming.

Anyways, the doctor's group that my dad is part of is also very gun friendly. As soon as you walk into the waiting room, you are greeted with taxidermy mounts of all kinds of animals.
:)

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good.

I get to see it almost first hand how bad Obama care and government involvement in the healthcare system is because my dad is a doctor. Absolutely devastating. I actually started off college "pre-med" and decided to change majors once I realized how bad it was becoming.

Anyways, the doctor's group that my dad is part of is also very gun friendly. As soon as you walk into the waiting room, you are greeted with taxidermy mounts of all kinds of animals.
:)
Are you trying to tell me that facts from the front line > political rumors!?

We must be crazy.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
I took all three of my kids to their yearly Doctor's appoint. I noticed they have changed their format for entering info. Instead of a clipboard for questions and answers they had a small laptop. The questions asked to my oldest (11) were, Do you use a seatbelt? How much TV do you watch in a day? Do you eat Veggie's? How much playtime a day to do you have? 1-2 hrs? Then the kicker, Are there any guns in the house? My son responded "Yes, Lots" The nurse looked at me, and then asked the question. "Are they locked up?" and of course he said yes. I was pissed off and was caught off guard with this one. I told the nurse that these question are quite intrusive and that all she needs to be concerned about is Physical health. She explained how she is required to enter this info in their laptops....... Pissed off!! I was

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Love hearing positive stories..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.