New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a source for a decent ammo cabinet? I don't need safe level protection. Stack on doesn't seem to have a cabinet with more than one shelf. I am looking for something similar to a size of 18x12x60. With the cost of life today I can't see sinking 500+ on a cabinet. I like the Hornady cabinet but prices are insane for these items.

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
Well. I bought them 25 years ago. 😀
Makes sense, but if you don’t know where to get $8.00 ammo cans these days it’s pretty hard to make that as a recommendation to solve his current issue. I’ve been looking for a few more, but the prices are insane. Not too long ago you could get them for $15.00 bit now it’s $20 or even $25/$30 for an ammo can. I should have bought another 10-15 when they were $15/can but buy cans or buy ammo or guns? I chose the later.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Where do you get military cans for $8.00? They are up around $20 these days.
Rural King has somewhat regular sales on their .50cal ammo cans. Normal price right now is $18.99, but I've gotten them on sale for $10-$12. IIRC, shipping was free when you ordered above a certain amount (it's been a while).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Harbor Freight still has the plastic ammo cans for $7, cheaper when on sale. I use them for some of my storage, they drop crosswise in the industrial filing cabinets like they were made for it. You need the good cabinets with the heavy rails to support the weight. You can get them for free or cheap when they look too bad for someones office. Most I have bought for $25 or so.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Final Update: after a lot of research I settled on the Harbor Freight Yukon 46" rolling workbench (locking large cabinet underneath) for ammo storage and to multipurpose the top as a smithing and luthier workstation. With shipping it was $508. The next cheapest alternative is the Hornady ammo locker at $565. And just an FYI, a quick call to Stack On revealed that they are not manufacturing the Firepower Ammo cabinet at this time. It is not discontinued, but out of production for now.

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
Harbor Freight
Not even small cheap plastic ones. Even they are around $10 these days. The metal ones that are worth something are $18.00.
I just bought 10 ammo cans for $155 off Amazon from ammo can man.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts