New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing ticks me off more than dishonest dealings. I've always felt that if you have to do something underhanded to accomplish something, then you are a dishonest person,. I find it despicable that our politicians are doing this openly now, and practically bragging about it while they are doing it. One example is our president telling the media that he is going to sign some sweeping executive orders regarding illegal immigration, but he's waiting until after Election Day. This is so his party won't feel the backlash from the American people that his actions will surely cause.

Similarly, we know that a good chunk of the NY populace is unaware of the ammo background check requirement that will soon be unleashed upon us. Many New Yorkers only pick up a box of cartridges right before hunting season, and don't shoot much besides that. Since the Governor made sure to use a message of necessity, I assumed that they would jump on the background check database as soon as humanly possible, because why else would they have been in such a rush to pass this new law? I figured if that actually happened, the 2014 hunting season would have been a real eye opener for a bunch of New Yorkers who went to pick up their annual box of 30-06s or deer slugs. Then the backlash at the polls would have been pretty significant.

I read the below article, and while I'm not pleased how the AG has, for all intents and purposes, blackmailed gun shows, the most telling and dishonorable comment is at the end of the article.
From the article:
While lauding the background checks of the firearms at a short press conference at the show, Schneiderman did not mention anything about background checks for ammunition, a controversial aspect of the SAFE Act, which is still not on place.

Asked when they will be implemented, he responded, "It's fair to predict that action on that will probably take place after Nov. 4."

State Attorney General praises Syracuse Gun Show for ensuring background checks on sales | syracuse.com

Seriously? If this will be such a wonderful accomplishment that will save countless lives, and New Yorkers will dance in the streets praising the courageous politicians that crafted this fine piece of legislation, why are you not rushing to get this online as soon as possible, and gleefully informing every single New Yorker of the fine job you did? And why aren't you doing this before Election Day so you can reap the mighty rewards of landslide victories over your opponents that you would surely deserve, and be justly lauded upon you from a grateful citizenry?
All I can say is what the ever loving f*#@. Have you no honor? Have you no integrity? Have you not one whit of honesty left?

I am disgusted. At least have the courtesy to keep your mouth shut about your underhanded dealings until after the fact. That you actually have the gall to openly admit your completely self serving actions is deplorable. If you really felt that this ammunition background check was going to save lives and you waited until after Election Day to put it in place simply so you would not feel any political backlash, you are beyond contempt. The blood of anyone that was a victim of a crime that you felt could have been stopped by your background check would then be on your hands. That blood would be on your hands solely because of your selfish desire to maintain your own political well being. I don't know how you can sleep at night.

Either the politicians were liars when they stated why they needed to enact the SAFE act, or they are now willing to allow the citizenry of New York to unnecessarily be crime victims for their own personal gains.
I am embarrassed that this is the political climate in this state and our country. I am embarrassed that our politicians openly misrepresent their actions. I am embarrassed that the citizens of our state and country continue to elect individuals that exhibit this kind of behavior routinely simply because they agree with the political motivations. I am embarrassed that the media does not take the politicians to task when they do these kinds of things. I don't know how, but I still have hope. I hope that one day soon we see honor and integrity return to our system of government, and held in the highest regard by society. I have hope that one day people will have a conviction, stand by it and weather the consequences, good or bad, because it's the right thing to do.

Sorry, needed to vent.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yea brother i hear ya....FUAC!!!. Take that thought to the booth with ya in November.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I've been predicting a Dec 1, 2014 start date for the ammo BGC for a while. Nov. 5 would be too obvious. They all know that they effed up with SAFE, and they're all backpedaling as far as possible to try and keep their jobs. FUAC!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am sooo happy I don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore. Loving Wyoming more and more every day (been here 9 days now).

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I love how they did a "sting" in 2011 where they bought guns from private sellers without a bgc. It was ****ing legal then! These stupid *******s can nvr grasp the concept that walking into a gunshop or ffl dealer at a gun show, purchasing a gun results in a NICS bgc. Every single time you buy a gun from a ffl dealer you get a NICS bgc. They make it sound like anyone just walks into a gun show grabs an evil military style baby killing fully automatic assault rifle, walks out and kills a bunch of ppl. They don't even understand they're own ****ing laws! The douchebag that started all this **** in newtown, tried to buy a gun was refused, then proceeded to murder his own mother and steal hers! The ******* in Webster had some drug addict woman buy him guns. Yup glad we have all those laws requiring BGCs to keep the wrong people from getting guns... Seems like it's working GREAT!!! Stupid ****s!

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I pray for one of two things. Either the courts toss this **** law or not a single person in NYS buys a single box of ammo after the bgc system begins and the state wastes millions upon millions of dollars on a system that nobody uses and doesn't prevent crime. I mean, after the bgc system begins there had better not be ONE SINGLE SHOOTING in this state or the law will prove to be a failure. I hope this goes the way of COBIS and is repealed for being a waste of money. Of course I can wish in one hand and **** in the other...

·
Registered
465 Posts
This state could care less about the waste of millions of dollars....because its OUR money.We all know this law wont do **** to stop crime.Just all a big waste.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
We need a ammo bgc pool, one box of .22's to enter. Pick the date that the $hit bags will implement the new law. :mad: Winner takes all.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
More importantly, why is a gun show promoter giving sound byte time to this mofo?
This. If I found that the management of the show or any vendor there knew that the AG was going to be present at the show, I would stop doing business with them. Being forced to comply or be shut down by red tape is one thing, but publicly licking the boots of your government master is inexcusable.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Schneiderman is in a tight race as Cahill has pulled neck and neck with him in the polls so his handlers think in order to win , he needs to go out and impress the public with his presents ( NY Safe ) this
title escapade will seal the deal with his demise from office as he just let the cat out of the bag on the ammo BGC,s . Rob is right on how to win this election , it's upstate that will carry the day .Schneiderman has just lost upstate because he has spurned all of upstate with this admission of the distain for the gun owners of this state . Cuomo pissed on us , now Schneiderman is gonna try his hand at pissing us off . So I'm voting for Cahill to get rid of the POS ! Plus after the election , Safe will not have any support in the courts by throwing Schneiderman out . This is another good reason to vote Cahill !

·
Registered
249 Posts
I pray for one of two things. Either the courts toss this **** law or not a single person in NYS buys a single box of ammo after the bgc system begins and the state wastes millions upon millions of dollars on a system that nobody uses and doesn't prevent crime. I mean, after the bgc system begins there had better not be ONE SINGLE SHOOTING in this state or the law will prove to be a failure. I hope this goes the way of COBIS and is repealed for being a waste of money. Of course I can wish in one hand and **** in the other...
Well there really isn't any reason for them to implement the system now anyway. They already achieved their goal of restricting mail-order ammo and implementing this thing now would only serve to give the libs more talking points to get reelected. This was all intentional from the start. They never have to worry about funding because they achieved their goal for free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts