New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to this store probably a dozen times. Their attitude typically is lackluster with premium prices but they always have a very nice selection.
I stopped there yesterday as I happened to be in the Albany area. I walked the racks, did not see what I was looking for and asked the counter help if they had what I was looking for. "Nope sold the last one 3 weeks ago" and just walked away.

Their prices have never been all that spectacular. It must be a great year for them with the election, EOTW, pending zombie apocalypse, etc. All prices were roughly double what they should be. I did not see an AR for less than 1K. Mosin Nagants were $149. SKS $450. Stripped Palmetto lowers (everyday from Palmetto of $79 and frequntly on sale for $49) was $129. Glock high caps $100. Used AR mags $50 and on and on.

I dont know whats worse. Living in NY or dealing with companies that want to beat you up because you live in NY

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I think the only thing that keeps those guys in business is the Albany/Colinie police departments.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I have been to this store probably a dozen times. Their attitude typically is lackluster with premium prices but they always have a very nice selection.
I stopped there yesterday as I happened to be in the Albany area. I walked the racks, did not see what I was looking for and asked the counter help if they had what I was looking for. "Nope sold the last one 3 weeks ago" and just walked away.

Their prices have never been all that spectacular. It must be a great year for them with the election, EOTW, pending zombie apocalypse, etc. All prices were roughly double what they should be. I did not see an AR for less than 1K. Mosin Nagants were $149. SKS $450. Stripped Palmetto lowers (everyday from Palmetto of $79 and frequntly on sale for $49) was $129. Glock high caps $100. Used AR mags $50 and on and on.

I dont know whats worse. Living in NY or dealing with companies that want to beat you up because you live in NY
That is why the internet was invented (by Al Gore, hee hee). You don't have to deal with people you don't want to deal with. I have my family looking for things that I cannot get here (but can legally own) without paying an arm and a leg. In a lot of free states AR mags sell for 10-20 bucks new 7-15 bucks used. I have my brother in law looking for pre bans on the west coast and my Cousins looking on the east coast.

·
Registered
530 Posts
LOL! I have heard about that place before.... If it was me If I got an attitude like that I would just say I dont need to spend my hard earned money with you clows and tell them I would be shopping elsewhere.... $450 for an SKS is kinds crazy these days unless it is something special.... THey can charge high prices but giving you a wize azz attitude is something else....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Bought quite a bit of stuff there and traded a bunch of stuff when they still had a couple racks of classic guns. Made some decent deals direct with the owner, but will admit sometimes it was a chore to get him there on time and ready to deal.

They had an old price on a Swaro scope in the case which I bought immediately. After paying at the register, Brian noticed what I paid and wasn't particularly pleased he sold at a reduced price and didn't keep up with current prices. But I bought a used 44mag and that soothed the wounds. LOL

With the market leaning twords the black gun end and they no longer have the used classic racks like they did, I don't go there much anymore. Shame, had some decent stuff.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nothing wrong making a few bucks but still saving a couple.
Why I don't mind paying my local FFL his fee. Them money I save in taxes alone cover that with change to spare
Trust me. Your county isn't the only one with high prices on firearms and ammo.

Find a local FFL and shop online. Use family liked mentioned and if possible play it forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts