New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like 7.62 x 54R is still pretty cheap. Any rifles out there that fire this round other than the Nagant?

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Molot VEPR AK derived semi autos.

·
Registered
810 Posts
These are all the firearms I know of that fire 7.62x54R and I am sure there are a few more..
1. The Mosin Nagant M91/30
2. The Mosin Nagant M38
3. The Mosin Nagant M44
4. The Finnish Nagant
5. The SVT40 Tokarev
6. All of the varieties of Dragunov's
7. The PK machince gun
8. The DP 28 Machine gun
9. The GShG Machine gun
10. The Russian M1910 Maxim machine gun
11. The ShKAS Machine gun
12. The SN machine gun
13. The Zastava M91

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Model 1895 Winchester

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've heard of people rechambering .303British rifles for the 7.62x54R.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Unfortunately, the pak-pak-pak of a .22lr lacks a certain something compared to most centerfire rounds. The 54r, on the other hand, is loud, fiery, vulgar, and smells of vodka and agriculture. And it's hard to find a conversion for an AR that's less than a Mosin.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Tim's guns has a nice double barreled gun that fires this round. Fairly expensive though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
22lr conversion for an AR fixes the ammo problem.
I have a M&P15-22 for plinking but I wanted something more...i don't know...more...substantial to shoot at a very low cost of rifle buy in and ammo purchases. I also wanted a gun that I wouldn't care about cutting up and learning on. The .22LR AR conversion kits would cost more than 440 rounds and the Mosin Nagant 91/30 itself.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My ffl transferred my Vepr 7.62x54r today for me. 16 inch barrel boo. But thats all i could find. Glad i ordered it the 13th two days before the ban. Because the way things look like now, i might not of had the chance to own one.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I just purchased an M91/30.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Last month I purchased the Russian VEPR in 7.62x54r and it has a thumbhole stock. Now the law has thumbhole stock listed as a military feature so not I have an assault weapon. They do not make any straight stocks for it. Molot does make the VEPR Hunter which is a normal stock but it is a totally different receiver than the regular Molot Russian VEPR. I'm trying to locate the Hunter model but no luck. Centerfire Systems is where I bought mine and they are not shipping any firearms to NY state due to the complex law.

James

·
Registered
278 Posts
Could fill the thumb hole stock in with wood filler. Also if the barrel is threaded grind the threads... Or weld a compensator/muzzle break on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts