New York Firearms Forum banner

Alright, now it's my turn. What model 10/22 to get?

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  huggybear44 
#1 ·
I've held the wood stock carbine, the stainless carbine with composite stock, the takedown, and the deluxe. Out of them all I liked the deluxe the most in my hands, and the standard wood carbine the least (what a terrible stock, haha).

What would you buy if this was your first 10/22?

Someone on rimfire central recommended the k10/22 LVT Acusport distributor exclusive. I must say that looks like a classy 10/22 :). I have no idea how to aquire one of these without ordering one though.

e

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got a takedown. Great rifle. Perfect shtf or zombie firearm. Fits in that nice little bag for perfect on the go situation, and shoots as well as any other standard 10/22. Although I am now looking into getting a custom 10/22 for a second plinker to have on hand. Anyone you choose you will be happy with GREAT firearm no matter what.

#4 ·
Composite stock. If you want a takedown rifle, get an AR15 with the stock collapsed all the way before pinning, and a 16 inch barrel.

#6 ·
I have a very old carbine with wood stock. I love it. I think you have to sit down and figure out what you are going to use the gun for. Are you going to transport it a lot and need to fit it in a small space, are you going to hunt with it, will it be just a range gun? I'd go composite for a hunting gun because of wet weather. For a range gun, I don't think it would matter which model. If you have to pack it a lot, the takedown would be nice. Not sure what is so bad about the wood stock model unless the stock has been changed through the years. Mine has served me well for a bit over 40 years (yea, it's a preban). Just my two cents worth.

#8 ·
I just picked up the Ruger SR-22 RSC. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it's based on the 10/22 so I don't imagine there will be any issues.

#10 ·
I guess I should have clarified some things then haha.

This is just for fun, heavy plinking and that's it. I think I'm going to stick with my mark 2 for hunting.

I don't hike/pack so having the take down isn't necessarily appealing, although I do think the gun is neat. The more I look at the distributor exclusives the more I go "ooh that looks slick."

#13 ·
Man look at this crazy thing. I don't think I would want one of these ($400), but it is quite the looker. Anyhow, I think I'm going to hold out for a while and see if buds comes up with the LVT in the first post for sale. That one looks perfect for what I want in a stock 10-22.

#23 ·
I bought this one a few months ago.

[image]
10-22 full by cgrutt, on Flickr[/image]

Mannlicher stock (probably the most unfortunate name in the firearms industry, lol). Yeah, I know scope is mounted sideways -- old picture, it's good now. Shoots great for my purposes (plinking with my son), but probably more accurate with a standard stock. So, you could probably tell I would vote for the Deluxe, but that's a personal choice. Really can't go wrong with any of them. Good luck.

#28 · (Edited)
I think you'll love the 10-22. Actually, I've never heard of anyone disappointed with whatever 10-22 they have. Personally I picked up the all weather model. If they had the takedown on the market at that time I would have gotten that. So i guess it's a little sour grapes syndrome for me... but I still love the one I have!

#30 ·
Why can't you type correctly?

Anyhow, I still have not shot this thing. I have broken it down and messed with it and I can say without a doubt that taking down a 795 is a lot easier. Also the bolt release on a stock 10/22 is a terrible design, whoever thought this system up must be jokeing. I'll be sure to either file that part or drop in an aftermarket piece.

All in all though, still pretty stoked on this purchase. Wish I could find one or 2 more pre ban magazines though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.